codenames

After everything that had happened, it seemed anticlimactic for Itona and Y/N to just walk into school normally on Monday morning, another person was talking on the phone to the two of them on speaker, but before any of the others could hear what was being said, Y/N hung up with an irritated sigh,

"It's a terrible idea, I don't care what the others say"

Itona merely shrugged, "I don't mind, but it does seem like the best option"

"What's all this about terrible ideas?" Karma casually slung his arm around Y/N's shoulders, she didn't push him away anymore, just grinned at him,

"We're just working out Itona's options, so far there are two that will keep him safe from Shiro, and let him stay in E class: either the government gets custody of him, which I think is the best choice, but it will mean that he's kept under surveillance for a while, or-"

"He joins the Union?"

"Yeah, provided an Executive member vouches for him, and the head of assassination approves him being dispatched on the E class job" she rolled her eyes, "Which is why everyone's been bugging me all day, since I tick both boxes"

"wait- tick both boxes how?" Nagisa interrupted, " I thought you were just a member of the union?"

"well, I mean I'm technically only a temporary member, I agreed to stay with Corey until I got my revenge on The Reaper, but eventually the group just expanded, eventually Corey couldn't handle organising all the jobs on his own, keep up with managing all the different branches, making sure everyone's healthy, and everything else, so he appointed a couple of the people he trusted the most as executives, Mai runs medical, Harvey takes care of equipment, and I manage all the assassins and jobs"

"Wait, you say assassins like there are other people in the union, I thought it was called an assassin's union?" it was Kayano who spoke up now as Y/N sat down at her desk, a small crowd had gathered to hear about how the union was run, Y/N sighed, "so many questions. yes, it's called an assassins union because we mainly recruit through that field, my connections to most of the big names lets me identify those at risk, or those being exploited, which was the main reason Corey started the group, however, we wouldn't ignore the trauma some members have once they're freed, we'd never force them to kill afterwards, which is why some of them use their skills for recruitment, or they handle paperwork, some actually agree to work exclusively for the government, they can use their skills for infiltration, spying, or freeing captives, only the ones who choose to stay in the field of assassination are my responsibility"

"ok, but what if an assassin wants to do a job that doesn't require killing?" Terasuka was getting involved too now, Y/N felt like she should have prepared a slideshow or something to help.

"all jobs are posted on a noticeboard, lets call the assassin person A, person A would first go to the executive in charge of the job, if they agree, then the executive brings the job to me, asking if they can borrow person A, then I look over the job to see if person A is suitable, if I agree person A can go, if I don't, the only person who can overrule me would be Corey, it also works vice versa, if an executive wants person A for a job, they would need my permission first, and then person A would have to agree, or if they don't know which assassin they want, they can ask me who would be best for the job, and then I can recommend person A to them."

"Ok, so how does recruitment work?"

"Oh my god! do I really need to give you guys a full on lecture about how my organisation works?!"

"Hey, c'mon! don't get all stressy about it!" Rio grinned, "We're just curious, is all"

"forget it, I'm not telling!" Y/N crossed her arms, however after about four minutes of loud complaining, bribery, and promises that this was the last question, she gave in"