Warnings

Y/N had always had a habit of waking up early in unfamiliar situations, such as new surroundings, or on a job, and it was a good habit to have normally. Today she woke up to her phone vibrating. The number itself was unfamiliar, but since her number was only known by a handful of people, it was safe to accept the call.

"Scythe." she stated into the phone, monotone. "Currently stationed in Japan, who's this?"

"um.. I'm Josie... I'm new but I'm from America, in, um, in Melvindale, , Detroit" The person on the other line sounded timid, probably younger than Y/N,

"Alright," She said, softening her tone, "What do you need, normally it's protocol to check if it's a secure line before revealing your specific location"

"sorry! I'm sorry, its just that.. um its um, its just that-" She sighed, whatever the reason was, it was going to take a while to get it out of the poor girl.

Timeskip

Karma woke up at about lunchtime, seeing that Y/N wasn't there, he went downstairs to see her talking with his mother.

"You're up!" his mother exclaimed, hugging him tight, "we had a bit of time before our next business trip so we decided to drop by to see you and met your lovely friend!" Y/N smirked in the background, but as soon as they met eyes she turned her attention back to her cornflakes. Karma pulled a face before switching his attention back to his mother. It was rare to see either of his parents at home, since they preferred to stay in India, or travel around the world on business trips. He could never remember what the company did, just that his parents had started it before he was born, and so when he was, rather than give up their lives, they had bought a second house in Tokyo for their son to live in while he was in school, and enough staff that he would be safe.

Another welcome surprise was how well Y/N got along with his mother, despite them being almost polar opposites., he had almost forgotten how good she was at infiltration. She even knew a small amount about his parents business, which impressed his mother greatly. After a while she took him aside, leaving his mother to handle a call with her secretary,

"I have to go deliver something, so I might miss a bit of the sports festival" She said, putting her jacket on,

"Where're you going?" He asked, leaning against the doorframe as she gathered the rest of her weapons, "no, actually, scratch that, what're you delivering?"

She perched on the window for a second, giving him her signature cocky smirk, "a warning."

And with that she was gone.

Timeskip

"You're going too fast, slow down and focus on doing it well." Someone's voice crackled in her earpiece, maybe she recognised them, maybe not, it had been too long a flight for her to care, hell, it had been too long of a flight for her to even make a 'that's what she said' joke. If Harvey was dead he'd be rolling in his grave

"That's kind of the point, we're on a schedule here" She muttered, jumping between buildings. Detroit had a weird landscape that she wasn't used to, so she may have been rushing, but it really didn't matter to her.

"Are you wearing a mask or a balaclava under your hood? These guys are livestreaming assassins real faces, if you get outed you could be hunted down worldwide- everyone will know your face"

To be honest, people knowing her face didn't bother her, she had been registered as legally dead when she was a baby, so it wasn't like anyone would be able to find out who she was looking at her face, but it could be a problem when sneaking around, particularly on non-government jobs.