nueve

Demi

"Mami, enserio?" (Mom, seriously?) I ask, the phone pressed against my ear as I reach down in my fridge to grab a coke.

"Yes! Everyone is here already! We are celebrating because your dad got a raise! Come on, tell your crew to come down and party with us." Mom says and I sigh, standing up straight as I balance my phone between my shoulder blade and ear.

"I don't know if they are free, but I'll text them. Just don't be disappointed if I come alone, tell dad I say congrats on the raise, I'm happy for him. I'm on my way," I say and heard her let out a excited squeal, telling she'll see me soon before hanging up.

I put my coke back in the fridge, seeing no use to drink any of it now before walking back to my room to get ready for the family party.

Mom was throwing a party because dad got a raise on his job, although I'm happy for him, I'm tired after the solo dance I did this morning.

After getting dressed in denim shorts and a black tank top that was rip up and had strings hanging lose, I slip on my heels before racking my fingers through my hair.

I unlock my phone and called Marisol. "Hey Mari-" She cuts me off as she picks up the phone.

"Chica! Donde estas? I'm at the party and you are no where to be seen! I got the crew here but our fucking leaders aren't here! Why aren't you here?!" (Girl! Where are you?) Marisol yells into my ear and I wince, giggling slightly.

"So I should go pick up Nick and see you guys there?" I say, standing up and went to grab my keys. I lock my apartment door before going down to my car as she tells me.

"Yes! I'll text you his address. There's so many people here, they had to close off the street. Jesus, your mom can throw a party." She says and I laugh, nodding as I got into my car.

"Yeah, mom can do that. Text me Nick's address, we'll meet you there." I say and hung up, she texted me the address and I started to drive to Nick's place.

I knock on his door, before stepping back as I waited. I heard footsteps coming closer before the door swings open, I smile as I came face to face with Nick.

"Hi, don't worry Marisol texted me your address. So uh my mom is having this huge ass party and the crew is already there, we're the only ones that aren't. I was wondering if you wanted to come?" I ask him, smiling sheepishly as I look at him up and down, checking him out. He wore khakis shorts with a white tee, a jean jacket over it and he looks hella good I gotta admit.

He grins at me. "Sure, sounds fun. Guess I'm meeting the family huh?" Nick says and I nodded, his eyes look me up and down, and I smirk knowing he was checking me out too.

"Yep, it'll be fun. I promise, when my mom throws a party, it is never boring." I say and he grabs his phone, keys and wallet before following me to my car after locking up his apartment.

"So what's the party about?" Nick asks me as I park my car a street down, since the street where my parents lived was close off due to all the people.

"My dad, he got a raise at his job and mom threw him a party." I say as we got out of my car, and started to walk to my mom's house. Nick holds his arm out for me to hold and I grab it, linking my arm with his as we move through the crowd.

"Look! They're over there! Here, let me introduce you to my parents." I say, pointing over to my step dad and mom who stood near all the food, talking to their neighbors. I smiled as we came into their view and they excuse themselves from them before walking over to us.

"Hey mom, hey dad. Guys meet Nick, he's my dance partner. Nick, my parents." I introduce them and dad narrows his eyes at Nick, throwing him a fiercely scrutinizing look and I could feel Nick squirm next to me at the look my dad gave him. Great, he's going all overprotective dad on him.