cuatro

Demi

I leaned my hip against the glass wall as I stare down at Miami's buildings and beautiful beaches. I was already dressed in my black dress and red heels that I pick up, my hair tied back in a ponytail and a black blindfold wrap around my wrist.

It was about to be four and I was waiting for Nick to arrive so we can start on his private lessons. In a few hours, I'll be teaching my classes.

"I'm here Demi!" I heard Nick's voice say behind me, I turn around and watch as he puts his hands on his knees, leaning on his legs as he catches his breath.

Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I pushed myself away from the glass wall and took few steps toward him.

"You alright? You seem a little bit out of breath." I say and smiled as he stands up straight, he waves me off.

"I'm fine, I just had to run here because my job hold me back." He says and smiles at me.

"What's your job?" I ask him as I walk over to the stereo to play some music.

"Mechanic, I uh fix things. I'm gonna get change," He says and I nod as he walks into the boys dressing room. I press play on the stereo and music fills the room, I grin to myself.

Waiting, I spin around in circles with the music and gasp slightly when Nick came in front of me, grasping my hand and putting his hand on my waist. He smirks at me as he spins us around while I wrap my arm around his shoulder, rolling my eyes.

"See? I am getting the hang of it," He says and I nod slightly.

"You are but," I stop dancing with him and stand in front of him, smiling cheekily.

"But what?" He asks me, a little confused. I unwrap the blindfold around my wrist and showed him it, I grin at him.

"If you're going to become my partner for the tournament, then you'll have to sense my movements and know me." I say to him and walk behind him to tie the blindfold around his eyes. When it was tied around him, I walk back in front of him and softly grab his hand while I wrap my arm around his shoulder, he softy puts his other hand on my waist.

We softly started to sway together, Nick of course stumbling a bit while I try to guide him.

"You know, people think that tango is about sex. It's not, it's about passion, music and the love for dancing. I have been dancing since I was eleven, my mom showed me how to tango. To say I fell in love with it after a dance." I tell him softly as he twirls me and pulls me back to him with a little bit more force so I hit my back against his chest and he grunts.

"Suave Nick," I say softly as I pulled away from him. So he tries it again but softly this time. As my back hits his chest softly, I smiled to myself. He was learning.

"Good, good, you're learning." I tell him.

"I am aren't I? This is easy," He says and I rolled my eyes as he gives me a wide grin.

"It may seem so at first but it gets harder bit by bit," I tell him and after I said this, I wrap my leg around his waist as he spins us. Caught off guard, he trips over his feet and falls backwards, pulling me along with him.

I groan as I fell on him and he grunts in pain, his hands goes to my hips.

"Told ya," I say and he moans, I smiled as I got off of him and sat on the floor.

"I didn't think you would do that," Nick says, sitting up and turned his head to me, he was scowling at me while I giggled.

"I do more than wrapping my leg around your waist, you have to sense my movements Nick."

He sighs before nodding. We got back to dancing, Nick trying to follow my movements.

A few hours later, just a half hour before my class starts, we finished. I was laughing after Nick told me a story about one of his dancing competitions.

"Oh god Nick," I say, laughing as I stop dancing with him to wipe away a tear from my eye. He grins at me and takes off his blindfold, his brown eyes sparked with amusement.

"It was stupid, I know." He says and I shook my head, giggling a bit.

"It's funny," I say and he rolls his eyes at me but smiles at me. I look toward the clock on the wall and squealed in surprise.

My elderly students would be getting here any minute.

"You have to get going, my class would start coming in." I tell him and walk over to the stereo to turn off the music.

"Ah, okay. Let me just get change," I heard Nick says and I nodded, his footsteps fade into the boys dressing room while I grab some metal chairs, dragging them to one side of the wall and lining them up next to each other.

Nick yells me a goodbye as my elderly students come into the room. I waved at him while I turn my attention back to my elderly students.

Marina, a elderly woman in her sixties, came over to me after getting dressed. She's a sweet old woman, white curls and bright blue eyes.

"Who was that young fella? He's really handsome," She tells me and I giggle at her, she came here with her husband.

"Oh he's just a friend, remember that tournament I was telling you all about? Well me and the chicos thought it was would be a good idea to mix our tango with something else, he's amazing at hip hop. He's my partner for the tournament." I inform her and she nods before giving me a teasing wink.

"Honey, I except a wedding invitation soon." She tells me and I laugh at her, shaking my head. Her husband and some others of my students walk over to me after they got change.

"Hey guys! How are you?" I say, smiling widely at them. They grunt out their okay's while I chuckled, they sat on the chairs as I clap my hands together.

"Okay gentlemen, stand up." I say and they stood up, turning to their wives.

"Pick your partners guys." I tell my class of twelve, six men and six ladies exactly.

They're ages round from fifties to seventies.

This was going to be fun.

After teaching my classes and all the elderly, kids and teenagers left, it was around midnight and I was exhausted. I didn't feel like changing out of my dress or heels, even if my feet are killing me. Instead I turned off all the lights and locked the place, my bag around my shoulder with my clothes stuffed in as I walk down the sidewalk.

I take in a breath as I stop on a crossroad, waiting for the light at the other side to turn white so I can cross the street.

My phone dings in my bag and I reach in, grabbing my phone so I can look at my message.

It was from Marisol.

'I heard you were giving private lessons to Nick, tell me he doesn't have two left feet.'

I laugh a bit before responding to her. 'Nah, he's learning fairly well. Yes he makes mistakes here and there but he's slowly getting it, he'll become a great tango dancer in no time.'

'Thats because he has you as a teacher ;)'

'Yeah right, I'll talk to you later. Te amo, besos.'

'Bye chica! Te amo más!'

I rolled my eyes before putting my phone back in my bag, smiling slightly.

She's one of the best people I know, she's an amazing friend.