quince

Demi

"New York City!" I squealed, leaning forward in my seat as Cory drives into the city. Finally, after endless hours of driving, we are thankfully in New York. A place I have dreamt of visiting but never visited.

Of course I was excited since I never been here before.

Cory, Mack and Nick were familiar with the place, since they been here before lots of times.

There was so much people, all from different backgrounds and cultures.

We watch in awe as we pass skyscrapers, cars honking and people walking everywhere.

"Wow, New York is busy." Bianca says next to me as we stare out the window.

I then remember the card of the hotel before grabbing my purse and looking for it. Finding it, I handed it over to Gavin who sat next to Cory up front.

"Here, the address of the hotel is there." I say as I handed it to him. He nods then tells Cory the address, before turning on a street.

"Manhattan it is." Cory says, and I bounce in my seat, feeling in awe as I watch people and cars pass by us.

"Welcome to New York, it's been waiting for you, Welcome to New York," Alicia starts to sing behind us and we laugh as she cracks a grin at us.

"Alright guys, here we are." Cory says, parking the van and I grin as we piled out of the van. I stretch out my sore muscles from the uncomfortable naps I took, hearing my bones crack and sigh with relief.

Turning back around, I grab my bags then follow my friends into the nice fancy looking hotel. "Woah," It took my breath as I enter the hotel lobby. It was very modern, people walking in and out, looking rich.

Still gazing around, I continue to follow my friends to the front desk. We introduce ourselves, then they showed us to our room.

"This is your rooms, there are enough beds for all of you. The dance studio is across the secret, there you can practice for the next tournament." The lady who showed us to our room informs us, and I nodded as I look over at her.

"Thank you," I said and she nods, handing us some keys for the hotel room. She then leaves as we put all our stuff on the ground, looking around the nice fancy room.

A kitchen was on our left, stairs led upstairs to probably the bedrooms, beneath the stairs was the living room and a bathroom I'm guessing. I drop my stuff before running upstairs, squealing excitedly so I can pick my room with the girls following me.

I open the first door I came upon to, and it was a bedroom. Running inside, I jump onto the bed and sighed contently. Turning my head, I had a view of New York's skyscrapers and thought this will be my room.

So I went, grab my things and put them in my room before taking a much needed shower. After showering, I change into some clothes before walking back downstairs.

"Nick!" I yelled as I walk down the steps. "Take me around New York," I say as I walk over to him, camera in hand then I put the strap around my neck.

He smiles at me and stands up, before nodding and linking his arm with mine. "Alright, let's go then." He says and I grin at him as we started to walk to the door.

"Don't be out too long!" I heard Marisol yell and I wave her off before following Nick to the lobby. Once outside the hotel, we walk down the sidewalk with a crowd of people, my arm wrap around Nick's elbow.

Walking around New York with Nick was amazing, I took so many pictures and we went to a lot of places like Broadway, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, and now we were heading to Central Park.

"Oh, wait. Best cafe in town! You gotta try this," Nick says, dragging me off to a cafe that was named Swift & Sweet.

I smiled at the homey feeling as we walk into it, the smell of coffee and sweets flooded my nostrils as I took a whiff. It smelled so good.

We waited in line, and I let Nick ordered for us since I didn't know what to choose from the menu. After grabbing our drinks and sweets, we walk out of the cafe and into the street again, this time heading for Central Park.

We walk around before setting down on a bench, I sat next to Nick as we ate our sweets, drinks in hand.

"This is really good," I moan as I took a sip of my drink.

Nick grins at me, one arm wrap around my shoulders. "Told you it was good." He says then kissed my temple.

Smiling, I lean into him as we watch kids play around or couples walking.

Finishing our drinks and sweets, we threw away our trash into a near by bin then started to walk around some more. I felt giddy as I twirl around, feeling extremely happy and content that I was traveling with the guy I liked, Nick's hand in my grasp as he was texting someone, I just spin around him like a little girl.

"Hey Demi," He calls me out and I turn to look over at him, he smiles softly at me.

"What's up?" I say, walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his waist.

"My eldest brother, Kevin, well he lives in New Jersey and he and his wife would want to meet you. They invited us for dinner tonight," He tells me and I look at him for a moment, before smiling yet the nerves started to pull in my stomach.

"Well I guess it's right I should meet my soon to be husband's family, am I right?" I teased and he laughs, kissing the tip of my nose.

"They'll love you, I'm sure."

Welp, looks like it's my turn to meet the family.