catorce

Demi

I honestly don't know how I'm going to survive a nineteen hour drive, with eleven other people in the car. So of course there would be a lot of noise, talking and loud singing.

Our luggage sat on top of the van, tied down with ropes to hold it down. In the far back, the cooler sat there with the snacks.

I was squished in the middle between Alicia and Mack, Nick was switching the radio stations while Romeo drove.

He switches past a Spanish radio station, and Alicia gasps next to me when she heard a familiar song. "No wait! Put it back!" She yells and Nick does what she said.

Tengo la Camisa Negra by Jaunes was playing and I laugh as I remember the song. But either way, I started to sing it loud with them.

"Tengo la camisa negra, porque negra tengo el alma, yo por ti perdí la calma
y casi pierdo hasta mi cama!" I laugh as we sang, leaning back as a giant grin adore my lips when the song finished.

"Hey, now I came to the realization, where you guys from? You all have a bit of different accents," Nick asks as he turns in his seat to look at us.

"Mexico." I answer proudly.

"Colombia!" Marisol says next to me, smiling.

"Puerto Rico, la isla del encanto!" (the island of joy!) Romeo says, smiling widely.

"Spain." Diego says from behind me, I could hear a smile as he says that.

"El Salvador." Bianca says happily from beside Diego.

"Argentina, the tango runs through my veins." Alicia says, grinning.

"Oh okay, that's really cool. How did you guys meet?" He asks and I smiled, leaning my head against Alicia's shoulder.

"I first met Marisol at middle school, by that time I was struggling to learn Spanish. You see, I was born here in America, but everywhere I go I hear people talking in Spanish, my friends and family. Feeling frustrated that I don't know my language, I started to learn at school, listening to Spanish music, reading books and watching shows. It was how I grasp it and I told everyone to talk to me in Spanish, I even made my mom sent me to Mexico for a few months with my grandma. There I picked it up, I felt at home. When I return, and was back at school, Marisol was a new kid and didn't know much English so I made a deal with her, she'll teach me Spanish and I'll teach her English. After a few years of practice and learning, I can now successfully speak, write and read in Spanish with no problem. Thanks to the help of Marisol. And thank god I lost the American accent when I speak Spanish, now it's sounds like Spanish is my first language." I say then motion my head to Diego.

"Diego here, I met him at dance class. He was my partner for tango, Marisol and I just realize that we both had a love for tango and signed up for classes. Thanks for not being a total jerk Diego." I say and he pats my head from behind.

"Your welcome." He says and I smile then motion to Alicia.

"Alicia, you were a bitch, I couldn't believe you." I say and she laughs, her arm wrap around me. "Alicia had the goddamn nerve to say I was cheating off of her on a test. Turns out, we both spent detention together and she apologize because she had a rough day, then we started to talk and it picked off from there." She pressed a kiss to my cheek as I smiled, then motion to Romeo who was listening yet driving.

"Romeo, I met him at party. He looked like a lost puppy." I cooed and he gives me a playful glare from the rear view mirror.

"Did not," He whines and I laugh.