Chapter 1

"Are you excited to be back at your old school with all your friends, Aria?" My brother, Steven, asked me.

Was I excited? Hmm, I mean I am excited to see my friends but I'm not looking forward to seeing my "bestfriend" Luke.

"Yep." I replied bluntly.

"You don't seem like it." He said.

"Well, you know how hard it was for Luke when we moved, and how we got in that big fight and stuff so I'm just not sure if he'll want to see me anymore." I said looking down at the bracelet Luke gave me for my 16 birthday, a week before I left. I haven't taken it off since.

"Ar, if I know Luke he's not just going to push you out of his life. I mean, you guys have been friends for as long as I can remember." He had a point. But a lot of things could change in a year.

"Yeah, well I'm going to bed. Don't want to be late on my first day of school. Night" I said as I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

My brother has been my legal guardian since I was 9, since my mother passed away and my father couldn't give a rats ass about me.

My mother died of cancer when I was in 4th grade. And since I never kept contact with my father after she was diagnosed my brother decided to take me in. He's the closest thing that I have to a dad other than my mothers ex boyfriend, Joe.

Tom treats me as if he was my biological father. He used to pay for me to be in cheer, and took me to all my competitions. He buys me clothes if I need them. He even payed for my concert tickets to go see the Jonas Brothers when I was younger. So even if he isn't my "biological father" he sure does act like it.

Once I got to my room I stripped off all my clothes and changed into my comfiest pajamas I could find, which happened to be a shirt Luke left at my house before I moved. It was my favorite thing ever.

I didn't end up falling asleep till midnight because I couldn't help but think about Luke and how he's going to react when he sees me. He probably won't even recognize me.

I've changed a lot in the passed year. I dyed my hair, got my eyebrow and cheekbone pierced, and I got a few tattoos that my brother doesn't know about. I remember all the times Luke and I would talk about getting piercings and matching tattoos together.

FLASHBACK

"Luke." I said.

"Yeah." He said as we were both looking at the clouds.

"We should go get tattoos." I smiled and looked at him to see his reaction.

"As long as they are matching tattoos." He looked at me smiling which caused me to giggle.

"Definitely." I said and held out my pinky and he locked his with mine.

"Maybe we can get piercings too." He said.

"Yeah but those cant be matching, it would look really weird." I told him.

"Aw. Fine. What kind of piercing would you get, Ar? " He asked me.

"Hmm... probably a eyebrow piercing, oh or maybe a cheekbone piercing, or both..." I giggled "What about you Lukey, what kind of piercing would you get?"

"Well I wanted an eyebrow piercing but since you said we can't be matching then probably my lip." He said as he pushed out his bottom lip trying to look at it.

I laughed at him because he looked funny trying to see his bottom lip.

"Hey, what are you laughing at?" He said.

"Nothing Hemmo." I said poking his chest because I knew how much he hates it when I call him that.

"Okay that's it. You're gonna get it now." He said as he began to tickle me.

"Luke... stop... please." I said in between laughs.

END OF FLASHBACK

Those were the good old days.

I really hope we can get along like how we used to before the big fight we had.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey everyone 👋 this is going to be my first "official" story since I deleted my last one. But I really hope you guys like it 😊 and if you have any questions for me jus let me know. It could be about the book or not it doesn't matter. Also leave suggestion or things that you guys want to see in the story 💘