Chapter 8

RECAP

"What kind of girl stuff?" Michael said smirking.

"Bras, underwear, tamp-"

"Okay, I believe you. You don't need to tell me everything." Michael said with his hands on his ears probably because I was going to say tampons.

"Yeah Ar. That's disgusting." Calum said.

"Haha. Well I gotta go to the bathroom and change my-" I began.

"EW!" They all yelled in unison. I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that they're so grossed out by mother nature. I'm not even on my period.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Change.

I need to change something about myself. It'll make me feel better since I'm in a funk today.

I think I'll dye my hair since it's Saturday so no school. Hallelujah.

I got out of bed and jumped in the shower. I washed my hair and body then quickly shaved my legs.

When I got out I quickly threw on my Mickey Mouse cotton jersey shirt and black crochet shorts along with my black high top converse.

I put my hair up into a top knot and put some mascara on just because I look really fucking tiered when I don't wear it. Then I threw on my band bracelets on both arms because my scars were still very visible.

I decided to walk to the store since it wasn't that far from my house, and because it's a Saturday morning and my brother probably wouldn't even wake up if I told him the house was burning down, let alone take me to the store.

Once I got to the store I looked up and down the hair dye aisle until I saw something that I could pull off and that I liked. Then I got the perfect idea.

I grabbed the hair dye I needed and walked up to the counter to pay for the dye.

The guy who was at the register was pretty cute, hot actually. He seemed around my age and kind of resembled Luke. Oh god I only think he's cute because he looks like Luke.

"Is that it for you?" He asked as he punched numbers into the register and smiled.

"Uh yeah. Oh wait," I said as I reached for a magazine and a pack of gum. "Here." I said handing him the other items.

"I think this color will look really good on you." He said as he held up the color I picked out and winked at me. I instantly started blushing. "I'd really like to see it on you."

"Really?" I said raising my eyebrows at him while smiling. I guess that's my way of flirting.

"Mhm." He said as he wrote something down on the receipt. "Here's my number. Call me sometime..." He paused because he didn't know my name.

"Aria." I said smiling.

"Aria." He repeated. "I'm Liam." He told me extending his hand out for me to shake.

"Well I better get going. I'll think about that call." I said winking as I payed for my stuff and started walking away.

When Monday came around I was still in my funk. When I say funk I mean I am really depressed and hardly want to do anything, not even eat.

But school is school right? Fuck that. School is hell for the living.

Sadly my brother wouldn't let me stay home.

Because I didn't feel like trying today I threw on some grey sweats and Luke's shirt. I didn't want Luke to see that I was wearing his shirt so I threw on a sweater that had the Rolling Stones lips on it. And NO makeup.