Chapter 16

RECAP

"Goodnight Aria." Luke said kissing my forehead.

"Night Luke." I said back to him as I felt his arm snake around my waist and pull me closer into him.

Shortly after that I heard his breaths start to even out and I knew he was asleep.

I began to fall asleep while listening to the beats of our hearts at the same time

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I woke up to feel someone playing with my hair.

I forgot Luke had stayed the night and as soon as I realized that he did it was too late. I elbowed the person who was playing with my hair, which I now know is Luke, as hard as I could.

"Ah, what the fuck Ar!" Luke said in pain.

I couldn't help myself but laugh.

"It's not funny that really hurt." Luke pouted.

"I'm sorry... I forgot you were here!" I said taking a break to laugh in between words.

"I'm going to have a bruise for days." He said as he got up to go to the restroom.

I quickly followed him. When I saw him in the bathroom he was examining his stomach where I elbowed him.

I snaked my arms around his waist and stood on my tippy toes so that I could rest my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Lukey." I sing songed in his ear.

"It's okay. At least now I know if anyone tries something with you, you're more than capable of handling yourself." He said letting a small giggle erupt at the end.

"What if I want you to protect me?" I said in his ear. My mouth barely brushing against his ear. It was a small gesture but apparently that was all Luke needed for his body to erupt with goosebumps.

"Then I'll protect you," Luke said as he turned around so that he was facing me. He grabbed both of my hands and looked me in the eye. "Even if I know you don't need it, I'll always protect you with every will in my body."

I couldn't think of anything better to do then kiss him, so that's what I did. This kiss didn't end in a heated makeout session, instead it was a passionate, slow kiss. It was the best kiss I think we've had so far. I had my arms wrapped around Luke's neck, and twirled my fingers in the ends of his golden hair. He had his hands around my waist and was slowly rocking back and forth as if music were playing and we were dancing to the beat.

Luke slowly pulled away and his eyes immediately found mine.

"Aria..." He began hesitantly.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I... never mind." He said and gave me a weak smile at the end to reassure me it was no big deal.

We walked back to my room hand in hand. We broke apart and I sat on my bed as I watched Luke put on a shirt.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked Luke as I gently bounced up and down on my bed.

"Um, well the boys wanted to hang out today, but if you want me to stay-" Luke began before I cut him off.

"You can go hang out with them Luke. You don't need to ask if you want to hang out with the guys." I chuckled.

"Okay. What are you going to do?" Luke asked.

"I'll probably do some homework and buy some stuff online." I said as I criss crossed my legs on the bed.

"Okay well I'm going to go back home and take a shower and stuff." Luke said as he put his shoes on.

"Okay bye Luke." I said as I walked him to my bedroom door.

"Bye." He said kissing the top of my head.

I looked out of my bedroom window watching Luke drive away nodding his head to whatever song was playing in his car. A smile spread across my face as I thought of what a dork he is.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed my history textbook and began to take notes on government history. I was studying for about an hour and a half when my phone buzzing nearly made me jump out of my skin.

Text: Calum

Calum: Hey Ar, wanna hang out?

Aria: Nah I'll let Luke catch a break from me lol

Calum: What are u talking about? Luke isn't with us, he said that he was with u

Aria: Hmmm nope he left over an hour ago because he said he was going to hang out with you guys.

Calum: Sorry he isn't with us

Aria: Okay well I'm going to get back to studying bye Cal xx

Calum: Bye xx

Luke lied to me? Why would he need to lie? I decided to text Luke.

Aria: Hey Luke, how is it going with the guys?

It took him a while to finally reply but he did.

Luke: It's good were having fun :) miss you baby xx

I didn't bother texting him back because I knew he was lying to me. So I shook it off and put my textbooks away and pulled out my computer.

Shopping online is an easy way to get distracted.

I bought a ton of stuff from stores I knew and stores I didn't even know existed. I bought: 8 crop tops (it was still feeling like summer in LA), a denim jacket, a skater skirt styled nude pink dress, 2 pairs of ripped skinnies, 3 skater skirts, 2 pairs of boots and 1 pair of sandals, 3 sets of bra and underwear from Victoria's Secret, some makeup from Mac, Younique, and Nars, and last but not least a FOB necklace shaped as a guitar pick (all in the picture up above). I spent over $300, but I had that money in child support from my dad so it's okay.

I decided to text Luke and tell him to come over after he was done "hanging out with the guys". He agreed and I waited for him to come so I could chew him out.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

This isn't as long as I wanted it to be but I tried 😁 love you guys, thank you so much for getting me over 800 reads, that's fucking awesome ❤️