Chapter 13

RECAP

"Okay, how about we go get some tattoos?" Luke suggested.

"Oh my gosh yes." I said pulling Luke to his car so we can go to the tattoo parlor.

I already know what tattoo I'm going to get.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We got to the tattoo shop and I let Luke go first.

"Okay what were you thinking about getting?" The tattoo artist asked Luke.

"Um, I was thinking I could get a quote." Luke told the tattoo artist. I think his name is Dave.

"Okay cool. Do you know what quote you want?" Dave asked Luke.

"Yeah, do you want me to write it down or just tell you?" Luke questioned.

"You could just tell me."

"Okay. 'I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not'." Luke told Dave. Quoting Kurt Cobain I see.

"Okay, and who said the quote?" Dave asked.

"Kurt Cobain." I said cutting Luke off before he could say anything. Luke turned and looked at me admiringly.

"Okay. I'll draw it up and we could get started." Dave said then walked into the back room.

Luke and I moved over to the waiting area that had couches and a coffee table with books that had tattoo ideas in them.

"How did you know Kurt Cobain said that quote?" Luke asked me smiling.

"When I was in New York I really got into Nirvana, and one day I was just scrolling the web about Kurt Cobain and Dave Grohl and stuff like that, and I came across some quotes by Kurt Cobain. That was my favorite quote." I explained to Luke.

"Hmm, I never thought you would like Nirvana. Before you left you were totally into Selena Gomez and Katy Perry." Luke laughed.

"Hey, so we're you." I laughed pointing at Luke.

"Only because they're hot." Luke said shrugging.

"Oh my gosh." I said giggling.

"But... not as hot as you." Luke whispered in my ear. I'll admit that sent a shiver up my spine but I always tell Luke that I just want to be friends and to stop flirting.

"Luke." I said giving him a look that said 'seriously'.

"I'm sorry but I can't help being truthful." He said holding his arms up in defense. He does that a lot.

Dave came back out shortly after that and took Luke into the back room so they could start working on his tattoo.

I sat patiently waiting. I scrolled threw my Twitter and Instagram for a little while then I began looking threw all the tattoo books that were scattered across the table. Some of these tattoos were beautiful.

While I was looking through the books I heard someone walk in and sit down right next to me. I looked up to see who it was. Ugh.

"Hi. You're Aria, right?" McKenna asked me.

"Uh, yeah why?" I said rudely.

"I just wanted to tell you to STAY away from Luke, okay?" She said putting emphasis on 'stay'.

"Why should I do that?" I asked smiling but I had hatred in my voice.

"He's mine and I don't need some hoe taking him away from me." She said getting in my face. Wrong move.

"Listen, I'm not making Luke do anything, let alone keep him away from you. Maybe he realized sluts just aren't his type." I said with a smug look on my face.

"You bitch!" She yelled before she tried to punch me in the face. Another wrong move. I grew up surrounded by boys this bitch doesn't think I don't know how to fight?

I dodged her punch then threw her on the floor and began punching her but she kept putting her hands in the way so I was basically punching her hands.

"Hey!" I heard Luke yell.

I was still throwing punches at McKenna while Dave was trying to get me off of her.

When Dave finally got me off of her I tried to go after her again but Luke was holding me back.

"Calm down, Ar." Luke said while holding me back.

"No that bitch is accusing me of something I'm not even doing!" I yelled because that's how mad I was.

"C'mon. Lets just go." Luke said pulling me out to the car.

"What happened?" Luke said when we finally got in the car.

"She came in and sat next to me then started calling me names and saying that I can't 'steal' you away from her, and I, obviously, got pissed so I called her a slut. Then she went bitch crazy on me and tried to throw a punch at me but that didn't end so well for her." I explained to Luke. He started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I said crossing my arms and giving him a dirty look.

"It's just that you are still the same Aria you were before you left." Luke said laughing a little bit still.

"Yeah I guess so." I said smiling.

"I'm not gonna lie, you looked hot when you were punching her." Luke smirked at me.

"Obviously you don't understand the meaning of no flirting." I said giggling.

"I'm not flirting I'm just being a guy." He said as he started the car and we began to drive back to my house.

When Luke and I got to my house we decided to watch a movie. I picked 17 Again, obviously.

"Popcorn?" I asked Luke.

"Yeah, sure." He said bluntly.

I went into the kitchen and put the popcorn in the microwave. I was going to go back into the living room while I waited, but I saw Luke looking at his phone and getting an irritated look on his face.

"Luke?" I said.

"Uh, yeah." He said locking his phone screen and looking up at the T.V. not making eye contact with me.

"Are you alright?" I asked him with concern in my voice.

"Yeah. So is the popcorn almost done?" He questioned. Obviously trying to change the subject.

"Yeah I'll go get it right now." I said kind of confused because Luke is never like this.

What's up with him today?