Chapter 22

RECAP

I'm going to see Luke tomorrow since I broke up with him. I don't think I'm emotionally prepared for it, but I need to know the truth. Even if it might hurt.

Once I got out of the shower I was far too tired to do anything else so I decided to go to bed. Before I feel asleep my phone buzzed.

From Luke: I know you're probably mad at me right now, but I just wanted to say goodnight beautiful <3

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I woke up at 9:30 to the wonderful sound of my blaring alarm. Great.

Today is the day I get the truth, or a lie. Either way I'm probably going to end up hurt.

I jumped in the shower really quick and only washed my body because I washed my hair last night. Then when I got out I changed into my clothes, duh. I wore my sad smiley face sweater with my blue skinny jeans. I put on my "work" looking boots and some rubber bracelets that say 'bitch' and 'jerk' on them, considering I was going to see Luke. I straightened my hair and put a red bandana on. I wanted to look really good to show Luke what he lost (childish I know), so I made my makeup look really good.

I grabbed my bag and headed down stairs since it was 10:55. I guess I'm going to be fashionably late.

Luckily my brother wasn't downstairs to give me any crap. I rode my skateboard to Starbucks since I was running late and walking would've taken forever.

I finally got their at 11:10. I saw Luke sitting inside and immediately felt a mixture of hurt and anger. I want answers. I walked in with my skateboard in my hand and walked over to Luke. His face lit up like a Christmas tree. I didn't acknowledge him, I just kept my eyes down.

"Hey." Luke said getting up to hug me. I backed away and gave him a look. "Uh, sorry." He said sitting back down.

"Double Chocolate Chip Frappe for... Luke?" I heard. Did he really order me a drink? He smiled and got up from the table and came back with the drink. He placed it in front of me. I gave him a questioning look.

"Luke, I came for answers. Not for you to try and make things right by buying me my favorite drink." I said crossing my arms. I remembered I was wearing my bracelets, and I rolled my sleeves up so he could see them.

"Nothing happened between McKenna and I. I went to the record shop and she was there. She was convinced I followed her there but I didn't. She wanted you to see those texts so it would seem like something happened, but nothing did. I love you and only you." He explained. I feel like a total bitch. But a part of me still doesn't believe him.

"Is that all that happened, Luke? Because if I find out that's not all that happened, I probably would never forgive you." I said softly. I really hope he was telling me the whole truth.

"Yes, that's all that happened. I promise." Luke said holding out his pinky. I laughed a little before locking my pinky with his.

"So are we a couple?" Luke asked me nervously. I gave him a mean look.

"Are you kidding? Of course not!" I said trying to sound upset. I saw his face sink and felt bad. I smiled at him. "Relax, I'm kidding. Of course we are."

"Thank god. That means I could finally do this." Luke said leaning across the table and kissed me.

Something I've craved for so long. It felt like we had never kissed each other before. Luke put so much passion into the kiss that I didn't want it to end. Too bad we were in public because I would've been all over that boy by now. Luke pulled away and took my hands and looked me in the eye.

"I love you so much." Luke told me.

"I love you Luke. I'm so sorry for not listening to you that day. I was being such a bitc-" Luke cut me off.

"Hey, it's okay. I probably would've reacted the same way. I don't blame you at all. I'm just happy we're together again." Luke said squeezing my hand.

"I am too." I smiled. And I actually meant it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Hello lovely people whom I love very much, LARIA IS BACK TOGETHER 😱 Oh and I'm writing another Luke fanfic (I know I know, already?) it's going to be so cute and fluffy and I really like it 😁❤️ love you guys thank you so much for reading my crap story 😂💘