Chapter 9

RECAP

"Is that my shirt?" Luke said. Fuck.

I pulled the sweater down as fast as I could.

"No." I said feeling my face get red.

"Bullshit." Luke said as he lifted up my sweater.

"Quit it Luke." I said slapping his hand away from me.

"Why do you still have it?" Luke questioned me.

"BECAUSE ITS THE LAST FUCKING THING I HAVE TO REMEMBER YOU SINCE WE ARENT FRIENDS ANYMORE, ASSHOLE!" I screamed at him as I took my water bottle from his hand and stormed off back to the table.

When I got there I grabbed my things and started walking away.

"Where are you going, Ar?" Michael yelled.

"Home." I yelled back.

Looks like it's early day for me.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I think I really over reacted with Luke. But if you guys haven't noticed yet I'm really bipolar. Like its so bad that I have to take medication that makes me really depressed. I've stopped taking the medication though because I hate the effects it has on me. I'm already depressed enough as it is.

After I left school I went home and locked myself in my room and blasted Blink-182 as loud as I could and basically had a dance party... with myself.

When I heard my brothers truck pull up I turned the music off immediately and unlocked my bedroom door.

Then I grabbed my backpack, phone, and shoes and threw my shoes out my window. I put my phone in my pocket and my backpack on my back and climbed down this rail thing that's outside my window.

I had to do this because my brother hates it when I skip school. I used to skip school a lot when I lived in New York. I guess it's because my "friends" their weren't really good roll models for me.

I smoked a hell of a lot of weed and drank beer but I never went over board. But I did skip school to go smoke or something.

After I got down to the ground I decided to go for a walk. I went to the only spot I felt safe. The place.

Once I got to the place I noticed a figure standing there looking at the tree. I knew who it was right away.

"Luke? What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"Oh Aria, uh I was just, well sometimes I come here and look at all the things we carved in the tree. Y'know, good memories and all." He said smiling softly.

"Well I better get going." I said as I turned around and began walking.

"No. Wait, I mean you can stay. Just because I'm here doesn't mean you have to leave." He told me nervously.

"If you haven't noticed yet Luke, I'm kind of mad at you at the moment." I said.

He sighed. "Look Aria, I'm really getting tired of us always being angry with each other. I just want to get along like we used to, before all this shit happened." He said as he motioned between the two of us.

I smiled because I was happy that he was trying to make things right between us.

"I feel the same way." I said smiling at him.

"Cuddle?" He questioned as he held his arms open. I giggled and walked into his arms.

"Ah, this is nice." He said as we hugged each other for the first time in over a year.

"Yeah it really is." I said smiling as I looked up at him.

The next day Luke decided to walk with me to school.

"Hey Luke." I said as I let him in the house when he came to walk with me.

"Hey Ar." He said engulfing me in a big hug.

"Hey Lukey." I heard my brother say from behind me. I quickly turned around and smiled while Luke kept one of his arms draped over my shoulder.

"Hey Steven." Luke said nervously.

"So you two have finally made up?" My brother said as he took a swig of his coffee.

Luke and I nodded in response and my brother let out a sigh of relief.

"Took you long enough." My brother said grabbing his coffee and walking to the living room. I giggled at my brother.

"Oh how I've missed that giggle." Luke said poking at my cheek causing me to giggle again.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed my backpack and binder. Then I sat down and slipped my shoes on.

"Do you want anything to eat?" I said as I finished putting my other shoe on and looked up to find Luke gone.

"Huh?" I heard a voice coming from behind me.

I looked back to see Luke with a donut stuffed in his mouth.

"Ah same old Luke." I said.

"You know what they say; old habits die hard." He said.

"Oh come on." I said as I grabbed his arm and practically dragged him out of the house.

"Bye Bubby!" I said before exiting the house.

"Bye S-Dawg." Luke said after me.

I laughed. "S-Dawg?" I questioned Luke.

"What's wrong with S-Dawg?" Luke asked.

"Nothing at all." I said sarcastically as we headed to school.