Chapter 30: When you love someone.

Ten minutes. It has already been ten minutes when Mina left Chaeyoung to tend a call.

Nine. Nine minutes since the cub started to walk in circles, counting the lights that were reflecting the polished tiles.

Eight. Eight minutes since she sang a song that was stuck in her head. It was a pretty good song, if she were to be honest.

Seven. Seven minutes since Dahyun messaged that Sana's parents had left early due to emergency, the reason was to meet up with someone they've known for long.

Six. Six minutes since she continuously puffs her cheeks out to show off her attractive dimple to specifically no one.

Five. Five minutes since she pretended to play hide and seek with Mina. A pretty weird game since there's no assurance that the penguin was still there in the first place.

Four. Four minutes since she whined about being alone. It was okay at first until she realized that it made her look like a kid.

Three. Three minutes since she decided to follow Sana's tracks instead of waiting longer. She's pretty sure that Mina would understand.

Two. Two minutes since she saw a particular person that Dahyun told her she was dating a few weeks ago. Her eyes were locked on the phone so she decided not to greet and approach her any longer.

And one, one minute since she recalled the scene of Mina and Sana walking away from Tzuyu, leaving the girl hanging with another unfamiliar woman beside her. She was no detective but her mind had already deduced about the stranger being the reason of Sana's anger.

It was a good thing for her to run after the two using a different pathway, or else she would've seen how Tzuyu become someone as scary as Mina when she's mad.

Although she haven't seen it personally with her own eyes, it was Dahyun who voluntarily revealed how surprisingly quiet and deadly Mina's stares when the meeting about their student council had been cancelled for the nth time already. It was like something that you should avoid since Mina's silence speaks a lot more than how she wanted to flip all the tables to express her feelings out.

An introverted penguin turned predator, really.

"I left Dahyun unnie for Minari, but then she left me for a call that wasn't even expected in the first place." She pouts at the thought. "That's unfair."

Of course she's not thinking that Mina just left her for nothing. But can you blame her if this is their only alone time and supposed date? It's not like she's Tzuyu who treats Sana into mini dates everyday just to make the most out of it.

Mina is a busy person, no doubt since she is the council secretary for three consecutive years. Her commitment on her duty was far greater than her given attention to Chaeyoung.

And the small cub couldn't do anything about it.

"I just wanted to have a simple date with her, come on." She huffs before entering the washroom where Sana was busy wiping of her hands using the tissues. "Sana unn—"

"Yah!"

"E-eh?"

"Chaeyoung?" Sana held her right chest the moment she turns her back around. "Oh, I-I thought you're a ghost." She sighs in relief.

"A ghost?" Chaeyoung pouts. "More like, ghosted."

"Huh? Did you said something?" Sana steps closer so they could communicate better. "...and what's with the face? W...why are you here? Where's Mina?" She looks behind the small cub as if her frame was enough to hide the introverted penguin.