Chapter 1: The story begins.

Every day is just the same for Sana. She wakes up, attend her classes, and then head back home to do her homework before sleeping. She couldn't say that her life was boring—it wasn't just as exciting as her classmates who hosts and attend parties every weekend. For her, she would rather be in her cozy pajama, eating pop corns, while binge watching her favorite shows after she completes all of her everyday tasks.

Have I told you that she's not alone? I think I haven't yet.

Sana lives in an apartment near the school she was in, and Dahyun was with her. Dahyun was two years younger than Sana yet they were both classmates for some reason.

Apparently, Dahyun was accelerated for two years in her middle school after seeing that she was above 'average' compared to her past classmates that is now her "juniors." Although she was smart and could probably accelerate for the second time if she wishes to, she pretty much doesn't look like what her report card says to her.

Dahyun is a happy-go-lucky kind of person. She constantly just lets what the universe wants her to do unless try to cross a high bridge in the mountains. One thing that she is known for is her pale skin that could beat snow white in an instant. You could think that she is a living vampire,

But without the fangs.

She was also great at playing the piano. It was something she was happy to have a talent with because Sana just automatically sings whenever she plays them in their music class. And hey, Dahyun's ears were blessed every time her best friend sings for her.

"So, Sana unnie,"

Sana's ears perked up after hearing Dahyun mention her name.

"Yes?"

"I heard that we have a new transferee today." The younger shrugs.

Sana didn't bother to reply. I mean, she doesn't care that much about the new transferee. Every year, they have a new transferee to begin the school year with, and ends with someone leaving for new environment. It was like a give and take scenario for their school.

"Yah, why are you ignoring me?" Dahyun feigned hurt as she places her hand to hold her chest. Sana just smiled before releasing a small laugh afterwards.

"Dubu, there's nothing new about having transferee," Sana says, "besides; I don't care about new people coming into our classroom."

The two continued watching the drama while feeding each other some popcorn. Well, it was mostly Sana who ate the whole bucket as she continuously opens her mouth, almost a second after Dahyun places a piece of popcorn inside it. Dahyun doesn't mind it at all. In fact, she loves it more when Sana acts younger than her.

"Before I forgot, what day is it? Isn't it Sunday already?" Sana suddenly remembers checking the day they were in.

"Actually, it's already Monday Sana unnie," Dahyun answers like it was no big deal. It was too late for Sana to notice what Dahyun said.

"Dubu! We still have classes today!" Sana panics, the almost-empty bucket of popcorn spills on Dahyun—but mostly on the floor as she stood up quickly.

"I actually told you that we should just watch one episode and continue it later," Dahyun pouts after seeing the popcorns scattered on the floor, "but you insisted that we should find out who killed her brother." She then looks at Sana.

Sana immediately stops panicking as she finally remembered saying that to Dahyun. Of course she did. It was just a couple of hours ago.

Sana looks at the wall clock on their ceiling, just above the television. It reads "3:05", just four hours before the third week of class starts.