Chapter 43: Stuck.

Coincidentally, on the other side of the place. Dahyun was calmly walking her way to the kitchen, confident that this day wouldn't get any worse. For sure she might mess up since that late warning was really unconventional. But she's certain that Tzuyu won't let her be greeted by a confused and upset Sana breaking down their front door, asking multiple how and why's at the same time.

But if Tzuyu actually did failed her in terms of messing up the supposed plan and showing herself up to Sana earlier than intended. Then maybe she really do need to improve her acting skills and start rehearsing her nonexistent script.

She knows that it isn't that easy to handle Sana's complains once she decided to act like so.

"Once Sana unnie comes in, just smile and wave. Smile and wave." She whispers to herself. Her fingers clicks multiple times. She looks at the wall clock. Fifteen minutes past six and Sana wasn't still here.

"If she says Dubu, then start acting calm and composed."

She looks down once again, thinking hard about how she'll manage to convince not only herself that everything's going accordingly to the plan.

"But if she says Dahyun, then start praying to our God while acting all innocent and such. Okay, got it."

Dahyun nods her head multiple times. Her feet led her in front of the refrigerator as her hands reaches out for the chocopies resting on the topmost container. Taking the bottle of milk beside it, she mumbles numerous incoherent words before closing the door in a hideous manner.

"If she says Dubu, then you're good."

"But if she says Dahyun, then you're doomed."

She chants it on repeat. The only thing missing is some weird looking symbol on their floor and she could now call unimaginable creatures down from earth.

But fortunately-unfortunately, even without proper preparations and rituals had been made. The moment she turns her back from the fridge had yet popped out an upset Sana who was staring at her quite weirdly. It was as if she's expecting that Dahyun would immediately explain the reason of people's existence, and why she's looking like a robber who only likes to steal snacks from the container.

"...S-Sana unnie."

Dahyun couldn't find the right emotions to display in front of the girl. All she just knew is to grin nervously, and let the universe decide how this night would end.

"Good eve—"

"Kim Dahyun." Sana spoke sternly. The tofu closes her eyes as she silently muttered her last wish before surrendering it all.

"Let's talk."

"But we're already talking?"

"Kim. Dahyun."

The mentioned girl gulps nervously. She couldn't just reject and run away from Sana now that she was holding her prized possessions. It was better to surrender herself willingly than to witness the girl create a cold war between them for the next few weeks.

Dahyun slowly walks towards the table, afraid that one pack of choco pie might fall and never to be seen again. Added to the fact that the bottle of milk on her right hand wasn't helping her either. All she could just do is to silently place it down the desk while Sana's eyes are still directed on her. It was even a mistake to take a glance at the elder who had her arms crossed in front of her body, left foot tapping the floor in a consistent pattern that was similar to her own fastening heartbeat.

"So..." Dahyun aligns the snacks on top of the table. She had almost face palmed herself after forgetting to bring one or two glasses for the bottle of milk to pour on. "What do you want to talk about?"