Chapter 38: Trick it.

Dahyun was at loss of words. More than half a year of being gone and now she's calling her like nothing ever happened.

She removes the phone near her ear and checks the screen to make sure that this isn't a prank call. And it surely wasn't seeing that the duration was still running and someone is still waiting for her to answer before it disconnects once again.

"Dahyun unnie? Are you still there?"

The tofu shakes her head unbelievably. She brings back the device up her ear before speaking in a jokingly manner.

"Yah," She chuckles breathlessly. "You literally disappeared without a trace and now you're asking if I'm still here?" The tofu laughs once again.

"Well of course I am. I never left."

"I'm sorry for that." Tzuyu briefly chuckles before sighing a bit. "But seriously though, can I ask you a favor? I'm in need of assistance. Only if you don't mind."

"No worries, I don't have anything to do so it's alright for me." The tofu replies with a lighter mood than usual. "Where are you? Can we meet later?"

"About that." The other line says. Sounds of multiple people's voices were heard together with some deafening sound of whirring noises. "I'm currently at the airport. Can you help me sort these things out? I haven't told Mina or Grandpa about my arrival yet."

"Yeah sure, sur— wait what?" Dahyun narrows her eyes as both of her eyebrows almost touched each other. Her mouth was left agape and it took her a couple of seconds before speaking once again. "Airport? And you're alone? Where's your chauffeur? Mr. Lim? Chou Tzuyu what are you-?"

"I'll explain everything once you get here." Dahyun could feel Tzuyu was stopping midway her sentences. "Don't tell anyone about it yet. Not even Sana."

It was time for Dahyun to contemplate whether to tell the younger about the major changes ever since she left without a word. But sensing how Tzuyu needed her more than the news of Sana having someone by her side other than Chaeyoung and Mina. She immediately chose to stand up while dusting the breadcrumbs off her pajamas.

"What gate are you in? I'm coming up, just give me fifteen minutes to spare."

"Thank you, Dahyun unnie."

"You're more than welcome." The tofu smiles in between. "Stay right there, okay? I won't take long."

Sana, Mark, Chaeyoung, and Mina were all sitting inside a Japanese restaurant located at the mall. Everyone was eating in silence— well, except for Chaeyoung who likes it messier in terms of placing the bowls back and forth from its original place. While the three on the other hand, all took turns in speaking and nodding their heads to agree whatever topic they all had been talking with.

"After this, where do you all want to go next?" Mark taps his chopsticks on his plate. "Don't worry, it's all on me."

Chaeyoung's eyes sparkles in delight. With her mouth full and hands holding different things left and right, she tries her best to finish it all in one single go. But it all resulted in disaster as one bowl almost slipped past her hands and the other one meeting the same fate as the first one.

"Take it easy down there." Mark laughs until one phone call disturbs them out of the blue. His face exhibits an expression that was in pure confusion and curiosity.

Sana saw how Mark immediately takes the phone away from his pockets to check the current caller. But she didn't got to have the slightest glimpse of its ID caller when the man suddenly stands up with his phone waving for everyone to see.