Chapter 40: Bring it back.

Dahyun and Tzuyu sat completely adjacent to each other. The two of them patiently waited for their orders to arrive that was promised within five minutes or less to do so.

The tofu was still in the midst of thinking numerous why and how questions to the menu laid on top of the table. She was spacing so much that if you'll stand at the farthest point of the place that is visible to her spot, you could still see her different expression and actions starting from the bottom to the top. Yes, that's how puzzled she looks as of the moment.

But of course, Dahyun couldn't just put the blame all to herself. Mark suddenly came into their group, acting all caring and such. If Tzuyu didn't cleared up his name in front of her face earlier, then maybe she's still contemplating whether to bring up Mark's name or just let the younger figure out what's happening all by herself.

"Dahyun unnie," Tzuyu calls her attention out of the blue. "Are you good? Is everything still fine?"

The tofu gives her a subtle nod partnered up with a thin-lipped smile. She's actually feeling the complete opposite of it but whatever. "Just processing what happened earlier."

"Specifically what part?" The younger curiously asks.

"From all the parts that I just heard starting from the moment I saw you at the airport." Dahyun looks at her straight in her eyes. "One, I'm still at lost about why you just disappeared like that and two,"

The tofu taps her fingers on top of the table multiple times. "I really thought Mark was the type of person who would date Sana unnie because you were gone for too long."

"I already told you before, Mark's a good guy here."

"But it felt like he wasn't." Dahyun objects. "Because if he really is, then why is he treating them with everything they wanted whenever they go out for a date? What was that? A bribe to make it look like he can buy you whatever your fingers are pointed to?"

"Well that's because everything that he spent for the four of you was all on me."

"You what?"

"He's my way of making sure that the four of you are still doing fine and won't have a grudge on me in any way as possible. You know how I'm the type to put all of your contentments first before worrying about the money I spent just for this day." Tzuyu chuckles seeing how it slightly backfired. "But it seemed like Sana was introduced to the thought that I left her and Mark's the one who will never—immediately making him as the better person."

"I don't think it's only Sana unnie who thinks that Mark is a better person for her."

"Hmm? Who else?" Tzuyu narrows her eyes to think thoroughly, "Mina? Chaeyoung?"

"Yah, of course your cousin and her almost-girlfriend." Dahyun replies unbelievably. "Good luck trying to convince the three of them that Mark wasn't there to date Sana unnie in a romantic way."

"Explaining it to Mina and Chaeyoung would be easier than everyone's expecting for it to be." Tzuyu moves her hands for gestures. "Mina knows some parts of my background that doesn't need to be explained to her anymore. While Chaeyoung, she isn't the type to fight someone just because she thinks that it is right. Mark already told me what all of you are currently feeling towards him and me as different person."

Tzuyu breaks out a smile before laughing at her own thoughts, "and you were always that upset to him that he wanted to avoid you in any way as possible."

"You can't blame me. His sudden appearance became the reason why Sana unnie slowly lost the hope of waiting for you."

"You mean, Sana likes Mark romantically now?"