Chapter 35: What can I do.

Nayeon was the first one to hop inside the vehicle. With Tzuyu assisting her before following afterwards, their personal chauffeur immediately closes the door as he runs his way to the driver seat.

"To the amusement park please." Nayeon instructs. "The one near our location."

"But Miss Nayeon," the man pants slightly. He looks at the both of them through the side mirror. "Your dad called earlier. He wants to meet you and Miss Chou right now."

"What?"

"My dad?" Nayeon was quick to react. Her face exhibits a confused expression, something that she always does whenever things aren't going on her way "Are- are you sure? Didn't he just flew at another country few hours ago?"

"It was cancelled." The man diverts his attention to avoid sounding disrespectful. "I'm sorry, Miss Nayeon. I can't disobey his commands."

Tzuyu could feel the growing awkwardness between them. Coughing timidly, she gives Nayeon a reassuring nod with her hands raising to show a quick thumbs up.

"Are you sure?" She worriedly asks.

After a few minutes of having their own privacy inside Jeongyeon's cafe. Nayeon had finally come to see how Tzuyu was feeling when they were talking about people other than her cousin and Sana. She was even surprised to see Tzuyu be talkative. Their conversation even mentioned Dahyun and Chaeyoung as someone who plays significant roles on Tzuyu's life.

Maybe Tzuyu really wasn't someone who lack emotions. She was just imprisoned at the thought of no one would love her aside from herself. And Nayeon couldn't thank Sana enough for showing it to her.

—although she still owes the girl a proper apology.

"The amusement park could wait. It's not like it has its own feet to walk away." Tzuyu jokes, earning a laugh from the latter.

"Alright. To my dad's location it is."

"Noted, Miss Nayeon."

As the vehicle's engine slowly starts up. Tzuyu couldn't help but to spare a glance at her phone. Small bits of hope that Sana's name would pop out from her screen crosses into her mind.

And if she's lucky enough, the girl could call her at the very moment, asking about how her day had been.

"You know, I'm a bit lost at the part of your story earlier."

Nayeon spoke in the middle of silence. It made Tzuyu look at her as she places the device back on her pocket.

"What part?"

"You said that your aunt and uncle- Mina's parents were the one who raised you, right?"

Tzuyu's lips formed a thin line. Hearing those words sounded completely different when other people aside from her known acquaintances had reminded her of her childhood.

"Yes." She nods timidly. "Why?"

"And you came from Japan."

"I certainly did."

"Then... can you speak Japanese?"

Tzuyu looks at her in confusion. Of all the questions she thought Nayeon was gonna ask, the former chose to say something that was more than obvious to answer.

"Not as fluent as Mina."

"Ohh, I knew it!" Nayeon claps her hands in amazement. "Jeongyeon and I were planning to go there sooner. Maybe at the end of the year, we'll celebrate the new year while dressed in kimono."

"You already made some concrete plans." Tzuyu laughs a bit. "December's still five months away. Your plans could still change depending on the situation."