XXXVII

AN: Full credit to the artist~~

     I had a strange feeling in my gut this morning when I woke up, and I'm not sure what it was about but I tried my best to shove the feeling away. Everything was good, everything was back to normal. Nothing bad was going to happen. I was just being paranoid for no reason. Mabel had invited her friends and Wendy to the park today and we were meeting them there shortly. I throw on a kind of burnt orange colored t-shirt and tucked the triangle charm behind the shirt and threw on some slightly over-sized jeans that were held up by a worn and tattered belt. I brush my hair and teeth then start making some sandwiches for lunch. 

     "Are you excited Bro-bro?" Mabel asks, skipping down the stairs in a sweet little purple skirt, her flats and a sparkly pink tank top with her signature shooting star in the middle. She had put her hair up in a pony tail and a headband. I smile at her, "Yeah, it's a nice day out" I finish wrapping the sandwiches and stuff them in my back pack before we head out to my car and drive to the park.

     The girls were already there and I left the backpack in the car for later and we ran around the park. We played some volleyball that was set up by some other people at the park who needed a few extra players. We won four games out of the seven that we played. The rounds went by quickly and the other team was obviously not near as good as we were which honestly surprised me a bit. Of course Grenda rocked at this game and got competitive. 

     That strange nagging feeling came back a few times and I got a creepy feeling of being watched. My first thought was maybe Bill was watching me again, but I had been watched by him for months and this didn't feel like his gaze. Every time I looked around there was nothing, so I tried to ignore the strange sensation, hoping that there truly was nothing there. Eventually I had to pee though so I walked over by the trees  that dotted a little stream at the edge of the park for some privacy since there weren't any bathrooms. 

     The weather was warm, so I was surprised at the temperature drop over by the stream and decided that the area was giving me the creeps so I tried to be quick. There was a small rustling to the right of me and I felt my blood freeze. I finished and turn to look  where the noise came from, but felt the unnatural knot in my gut untwist with relief at the little squirrel that poked its head out to look at me. I sigh heavily, "You scared me little guy" I smile at the furry animal. The squirrel looks at me for a moment then scurries away and I turn to leave the clearing but slam into someones chest. "Oh, excuse m-" I start to say but they wrap their long arms around me and I feel panic slip in. My first thought is Bill again, but it's not him. I wrestle my way out of their grip a little and look at them. Fear freezes the blood in my veins at the sight. 

     Their mouth is unnaturally wide and full of razor teeth, their pure white eyes are diagonal slits and the flesh is pasty and grey, it almost like it's decaying and two splintered, black, twisted horns came out from the sides of it's bulbous head where ears should have been. I start to scream but its long fingers closed over my mouth. I wrench away from the disturbing creature. It grins at me. Its body is long, the arms are long and too thin to hold the strength that they do. It's legs are twisted and backwards at the knees so his legs are bent the wrong way when he stands. He's wrapped in ropes tied in neat knots around his body. I want to run but it feels like my feet are stuck to the ground. 

     The temperature drops even more and I find myself shaking in place, unable to run, unable to scream, barely able to process the demon in front of me. "What do you want?" I manage to say, my voice shaking. "... You..." It says, it's voice is squeaky like broken glass and I feel my stomach drop. It opens its mouth and a long black tongue slithers out and slides from my throat up to my eye and I grimace at the slimy, yet rough feeling. Disgusting. My stomach clenched at the feeling and I had to force myself not to be sick. I needed to concentrate, I needed to get away. "You'll make a wonderful toy" It says, grinning. 

     It wraps its sharp fingers around each side of my waist, stepping close looking down at me. "He'll be mad. I need him mad. I'll have fun with you" It says, laughing, digging its razor nails into my skin and I wince. "Wait till he finds out!" He cackles and then stops. He turns his head back down to me and brings his head close, staring into my eyes. "I can't wait" He grins and his mouth starts to crack open wide again, his tongue slithering out. I finally find the strength to move and with a burst of speed I bash my fist under his chin and his flesh squelches against my hand, almost like he hand no bones. His jaw snaps shut and his sharp teeth bite his own tongue off. He wails in anguish, the scream is terrifying and his nails retract from my waist and fly up to its gushing mouth. 

     I run around him, and his scream changes from pain to rage and I hear it stomping after me, shrieking. I feel a scream bubble from my throat and I sprint back to the middle of the park but I feel a dreadful know twist my guts when I see the park. Everything is frozen. Grenda was jumping, frozen in the air. Wendy's fist in the air in encouragement, Candy clapping and Mabel taking a selfie with the girls in the background. None of them moved. Birds in mid-flight, unmoving. A frisbee stuck in place as a dog chased after it, it's mouth open, eyes wide in excitement. Everything was frozen in time. 

     I run towards them anyway, not sure what else to do. I call out for them, but of course there's no response. I'm so lost in the scene that I don't realize that the demon has caught up with me and tackles me to the ground. It's body writhing against mine as I squirm under him. I kick and scream. His hand covers my mouth again and I bite down hard, the black liquid gushing into my mouth and it tastes like spoiled meat. It shrieks and flings me. Its backwards legs scuttling across the ground, almost like a spider. It comes at me and I kick my leg out, connecting with its squishy face and I know I'm just pissing it off more, but I fight against it with everything I have. 

     "Get away from me!" I scream, tears roll down my face as it crawls its way up me. I punch over and over again, my foot connects with its chest and it lets out a cough of pain at the cracking sound. I had hit something solid in its chest so it must have bones... Or something. As it's body comes back down towards me, trying to capture my arms. I swipe my hand out and claw its face, leaving black gashes across its eye and it howls dramatically. He finally gets a grip on my arm and before I know it he snaps my forearm in half, the pain is unimaginable. 

     I scream and wrench my arm away, cradling it against my chest. The pain immobilizes me long enough that the creature stabs its nail under my collarbone. It burns like a hot iron and I scream and cry at the new pain but my limbs go numb. "I like the way you scream" It says, licking its thin lips with what's left of its tongue. His good eye rolls as he grins and his body shivers above me. I sob, trembling in fear and pain. Finally it stands up, towering over me as I lay on the ground flat on my back. "You are delectable" It cackles. "That was fun" It looks to the side and waves its hand in the air, palm facing the ground. 

     I watch horrified as the grass boils and burns next to its feet and the ground raises as a figure emerges from the burning ground. I feel my eyes bulge out of my head as the figure forms in front of my eyes and it wears my clothes and face. It smiles gently down at me, almost like a greeting. I can't speak, or scream, I can barely breathe as a copy of me turns towards the demon. Neither say anything, but they stare at each other for a moment before the demon turns back to me and grabs me by the hair and starts dragging me back to the trees. I watch as life slowly starts moving again and my clone waves at me with a grin and a wink. I scream at it and try to move but I can't. It turns and starts walking towards the girls. I scream for Mabel but it's like she can't hear me, none of them can. The demon tugs my hair and I wince and sob as the rocks and twigs under me dig into me. It drags me behind him back to the trees and I watch my clone hug my sister and I scream in rage and despair as that's the last thing I see before the park disappears from view.