XIX

AN: Full credit to the artist~~

     Wendy showed up at the shack at the time she promised, Bill seemed most active at night obviously so we set the time for 9. Mabel and I were in the kitchen when Wendy walked in and We all gathered into a hug. When we separate Mabel hands me the triangle necklace and I put it on after I turn it in my fingers a few times. Grunkle Stan had already gone to bed, unaware of what I was about to do. I had gone down into Grunkle Ford's lab earlier today and looked for an artifact that we had used before. Ford had gone away on a trip about two months ago and wasn't going to be back for a while but that was okay, I had wished he was there a few times to help me and to talk to but I was proud that we had figured it out on our own. I shove the thought of Ford from my mind and hug Wendy and Mabel one last time. "Remember, only if I call you. Don't even come upstairs if you don't have to" I stated firmly, I meant every word, I was terrified that something would go wrong and I didn't want them in danger if it came to that. Neither were happy about the situation, but for my sake had agreed regardless. I loved them both more than before in that moment and I told them. "I love you guys" I whisper. To my surprise the both of them say it back without hesitation and I feel a small smile tickle my lips as I duck upstairs and take a deep breath before I walk into my room. 

     Mabel hadn't let me in my room last night or today while she finished setting up. I was surprised to see it had been cleaned, papers stacked on the desk and bed neatly made, some pages still scatter the floor but I could walk around in here now. Candles had been lit and dripped onto the surfaces they sat on. I took another deep breath and picked up the book. I stare at the circle and symbols drawn on the floor and notice something glued to the floor around it, it sparkled and I left it be, knowing it had something to do with what precautions Mabel had set. I grip the necklace in my free hand and it was warm to the touch, almost like it had a pulse. Mabel had coated it in something and I know it was a form of protection. Clearing my mind I begin the chant, ancient latin words that my mouth had difficulties forming. A breeze had started flowing in the room, papers skittering around, my hair lifts from my head and I feel the air touch my birthmark, making my skin tingle. I kept my focus on the book, my fingers tightening around the necklace as I felt the floor rumble and shake, the air seemed to scream in my ears. I kept my heart steady, my words calm and clear. Then I looked up and stared at the circle that was glowing violently, saying the last word. "Bill

     All the candles went out and the wind rushed to a stop, the air vibrated slightly and I couldn't see anything in the deafening silence. After a few heartbeats I wondered if I did it wrong, but then the candles re-lit themselves and glowed an angry orange, illuminating the room. "You've got some balls kid" A voice says and I turn my attention back to the circle. As long as the seal works and he remains in the circle I'm safe, I remind myself. It helps me keep calm and my mind on track. "I must admit, I'm impressed" He says with a wicked grin, standing dead center in the circle. Bill Cipher. In the flesh. By my doing. I slant my eyes at him. "Bill, glad you could make it" I say, proud of the calm in my voice, I close the book in my hand and set it down on the desk beside me. "Well, not like I had a choice, but I don't mind one bit" He says, a dangerous glint in his eye but I refuse to let him faze me. "So what do you want?" He says, his smile drops a little as his eyes narrow at me. "I do believe that's my line, Bill" I say, feeling a confidence I haven't had in a long time and I step forward as close as I dare get to the seal and stare at the cocky demon leaning on his cane.