LXIII

AN: Full credit to the artist~~

     My heart pounds rapidly against my chest as I look down and see that it was arms that had wrapped around me. Familiar arms. I breath a sigh of relief as I realize it's just Bill. He rests his chin on my shoulder and I turn slightly in his grip. I thump his forehead and scowl at him. "You scared the shit out of me, Bill!" I scold him as my heart finally starts to slow to a normal pace. He laughs softly and I feel his chest reverberate against my back. He moves his hand and I feel him grab my ass. I let out an embarrassing squeak at the surprising contact. "No I didn't" He teases. I feel a twinge of annoyance. "Ha, ha." I mock. He gives a full laugh and places his arm back around my waist.

     "Hope you made enough for me too, Pine Tree" He whispers into my ear. I feel my cheeks heat up and my stomach flips. I try to ignore him as I grab a strip of bacon and bring it up to my shoulder, feeding it to him. He moans lightly when he licks my fingers as he takes the bacon from my hand. I blush furiously as I pull my hand back and finish cutting the rest of the bacon. I place the cleaned pan on the burner again and turn the heat back on. "Will you grab three more eggs?" I ask him as he finishes chewing. I can feel him swallow and smile against my neck. "Sure thing" He coos against my skin. I bite my lip and am grateful that I manage to hold off a shiver until he turns around. He's been avoiding contact lately, so I'm surprised at his actions just now, but I won't complain either. I'll never tell him, but I kind of missed it...

     Bill hands me the three eggs I need for his omelet and I crack them into the same bowl with mine, adding a bit more milk, cheese and seasoning, whisking it all together again. Bill stands next to me, leaning against the counter, watching every move I make. I throw some butter into the two warm pans, waiting a minute for it to melt as I divide the toppings. When the butter is melted I pour the eggs evenly into the two pans and stir them with the butter, sprinkling the tomatoes, peppers, onions and garlic into the pans.

     Bill turns and grabs two plates, setting them next to me. I start cleaning my mess as I wait to fold the eggs. It doesn't take me long to get everything cleaned and put away. I turn back to the stove and test the eggs. They're almost ready to flip. I feel Bill's arms wrap around me again and I resist the urge to jump. "There's something I've been meaning to ask you Pine Tree" Bill mutters into my shoulder. I feel my eyebrows knit together as I fold the two omelets. "Oh? And what's that" I ask him, genuinely curious.

     "Why was the necklace in the wall?" He asks me, holding me close. I see a flash of the dungeon in my mind and tense up at the image. I force it away, desperate to forget the agonizing pain. I take a deep breath and silently beg my hands to stop shaking. Bill waits patiently for me to answer. I finally get my heart to stop beating so hard and clear my mind of the dungeon. 

     "The first thing I noticed when I was thrown in that cell was that m-my... my cellmates... were all naked... Within the first few hours I had managed to pull my hand out of the cuff and found a loose brick in the wall behind me. I put it in there so the... d-demon... wouldn't take it. I wanted to keep it safe" I manage to say, choking on words about the demon and my cellmates... Actually I choked on just about all of it, my voice barely above a whisper.

     I take a deep breath and flip the eggs, Bill is silent for the next few minutes as they cook the rest of the way. I turn off the burners and transfer the omelets onto the plates, my hands shaking. As soon as I set the pan down Bill spins me around and I give a small yelp. His gaze is intense as he steps closer to me. My mind was still reeling from the memory and I feel a panic brewing in my gut as my lungs start to close up. Bill stares at me with a surprisingly gentle expression then. I desperately try to get my shaking under control and shove the memories from my mind. Bill reaches his hand up to my face. Against my will, I flinch and squeeze my eyes shut, gritting my teeth. Expecting a hit, even though I know that Bill wouldn't do that.