XXXII

I'm back in my room at home, confused. I remember Mabel suddenly and wonder if she's okay. Bill had grabbed me and swept me away, leaving Mabel in the parking lot at the store. "Mabel? Are you here?" I call out, but the whole shack is dead silent. I need to call her. I pull out my phone and see a bunch of missed calls and messages, I notice that it's actually the next day. I couldn't have been gone for more than a few hours, right? I ignore all the texts and place a call to my sister. She picks up almost instantly. "Dipper!" She shouts into the phone so loud I have to pull the phone away from my ear. I hear the tears in her voice and her words warble, "Where are you?!" I feel bad, hearing the panic in her voice, not that it was my fault but suddenly I'm glad that all Bill wanted for 'private time' was just sex instead of my life. It makes my stomach twist thinking about the things i let him do to me, but I'm still here, I'm still alive. After seeing Mabel's reaction to watching Bill vanish into thin air with me, I'm glad that I was wrong about dying. Remembering her reaction to watching me be taken, I'm not sure that, had Bill wanted my life instead, I would have been able to just let him take it.

     "Don't worry I'm okay, I'm at the shack. Where are you?" I say, I try to keep my voice from shaking and manage well enough. I'm not sure what to do now, do I wait for her? Should I go to her? "I'm with Wendy, I'm coming home! Stay right where you are!" And she hangs up. Well I guess that answers my question.... I sit out on the front porch and wait for my worried sister. I find myself running through the memories I just got back. How many times did we have sex? And why did he send me straight back to the shack when the memories were over? Was he embarrassed or something? I should be the one embarrassed, not him! How dare he do that! It should have been over after the first night! I can't understand what was going through his mind. I belong to him? The hell I do.... He can't have me! I don't care what he says, and I want nothing to do with him after this. Maybe that's why he sent me home instead of facing me after. It doesn't matter anymore I guess. 

     The deal is more than complete, so he has no reason to come back. If he really meant what he said and didn't want to kill me, then there's no reason why I should ever have to see him again. 'In case you find yourself in a situation where you need me' Why would i ever need him? And what did 'needing him' have to do with giving me my memories back? It doesn't make sense. Of everything he explained, he couldn't have at least answered that question? What is that stupid demon playing at here? 

     I hear a car in the distance, coming quick. I see my car round the corner like a bat out of hell and screeches to a halt in front of the shack, dirt flying in plumes from the tires. Mabel doesn't even bother turning the car off and jumps out. I barely manage to stand up right as she flies into my arms and sobs against my chest. "I-I was so s-scared! Dipper! I didn't know w-what to do. I went straight to Wendy!  We had no idea what h-happened to you! We didn't know where he took you! I didn't know if I would e-ever see you a-again!!" She sobs, hiccuping against me between breaths. I hug her tightly, silently waiting for her to calm down. Wendy had come out of the car and her face was pale with worry as she came up and wrapped her arms around both Mabel and I, just as silent as me. 

     Eventually Mabel calms down and we all sit down on the porch, Mabel stays close, wrapped around my arm protectively, as if she was making sure I didn't disappear again, at least not without her. "So what happened?" Wendy asks and I feel my stomach drop. Lewd images of Bill towering over me, licking his lips and the sound of my own voice as I called his name. His hands running down my stomach and touching me, my nails digging into his back. I shake my head, shoving the thoughts away. "It doesn't matter... I don't really want to talk about it. Not yet at least, but it's over now. The deal is done so there isn't any reason why he should come back" I say. I feel my cheeks turning pink and my mouth turns down into a frown. The two seem a bit unsatisfied with my answer, but thankfully they don't pry much. "But you're okay? He didn't hurt you?" Mabel asks, her teary eyes wide, and suspicious. Not in a manner of speaking... I shake my head at her. "No, he didn't hurt me. I'm fine I promise" I say, hoping that I sound convincing. I must have because for the time being, they accept this and try to drop the worry. I silently thank them profusely for not making me talk about it.

     "Are you guys hungry? Want me to make some dinner?" I ask, trying desperately to change the subject and give us all a well needed distraction. The two seem to catch on and I hear Wendy's stomach growl and her cheeks turn a little pink. "I could eat" She says, trying to lift the heavy air. Mabel is silent but gives a small nod of her head. I stand up and Mabel does as well, still attached to my arm. When we enter the kitchen I have to practically pry Mabel's hands away and I start making some dinner. She never leaves the kitchen and watches me like a hawk. Wendy stays close too, lending a hand every now and then. I make some lasagna, it was one of Mabel's favorites a while ago, she called it fancy spaghetti. In a way, I suppose she isn't wrong. 

     "So, will you tell us what happened now?" Wendy asks in the middle of dinner and I freeze with my fork halfway to my mouth. Damn it, I thought they would let it slide until I brought it up... My stomach clenches and suddenly I'm not so hungry anymore. Drink this. Bill's silky voice pops into my head again and the hairs on my arms raise at the memory. I realize both of them stare at me. "Well I guess I'm not going to get out of this any time soon, huh?" I say, feeling defeated as I set my fork down and stare at the table. The two don't answer but have also stopped eating, their stares expectant. I sigh and take a drink of my water, procrastinating every second I can. "Fine..." I say quietly, setting the glass down. I see the two scoot forward a little, and under any other circumstance I would have found it a bit funny. 

     "The deal was done the night after I summoned him" I say, still staring at the table. "What?!" Mabel practically screeches, I wince. "Then why did he take you yesterday?" Wendy asks, just as surprised. I feel a whirlwind of thoughts swirl in my mind. I take a second to clear my mind and put my thoughts together, wondering just how I'm going to explain all this. "He said he needed to tell me something." I say, hoping that explains everything, but of course it just raises more questions for them. I grimace at the flurry of words that come from them both, too many words, too quickly, crashing with the torrent of thoughts in my mind so I ignore them until they talk themselves out. " So what happened the first night then?" Mabel asks after I remain silent. I wince again and take a deep breath. I think I might need to start at the very beginning. "Do you remember the night at the bonfire?" I ask instead. Mabel nods and Wendy's brow furrows. Wendy catches on before Mabel. "That wasn't-...... was that him?" She asks. Mabel's eyes widen and I blush, cringing at myself.

     "Yeah... The guy I danced with..... was Bill"

Dark Days (BillxDipper)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें