V

AN: Full credit to the artist~~

     My mental health has been declining rapidly over the last week, and Mabel has noticed of course. She's not left me alone. She's worried, I know, but I wish she would just leave me alone for a moment. Then again, anytime she's not around and I'm alone, this thing always pops up. I've seen it enough times to gather that it's some kind of man, but not every time does he have eyes or a normal face. He's terrifying. He visits me in my dreams quite often, or most any time I close my eyes his menacing figure is there to haunt me. He tries speaking to me sometimes, but his words are garbled and I can't understand him, I'm also too afraid to listen very intently. 

     Once, in a dream, he wrapped his arms around me and whispered in my ear, his breath was hot against my skin. I couldn't tell what he said, he spoke too quietly. My shoulder itches again, pulling me away from my thoughts. Irritated at the constant itch, I go to the bathroom to investigate. I avoid my reflection, knowing I wont recognize myself. I take my shirt off and turn to look at my shoulder. I'm horrified to see teeth marks, all red and irritated, slightly bruised. The exact same spot where I was bit in my first dream of the man. I felt my stomach drop at the sight and I felt faint all of a sudden. I had to grab the edges of the sink to stabilize myself. I had to take some deep breaths before I opened my eyes again and stared into the clean white sink. I turn the faucet on cold and splash my face, trying to calm down. 

     My mouth feels sore suddenly and it feels like my teeth start grinding against each other. Panicked, I look up in the mirror, trying to see if my teeth actually are moving, but there's nothing. I look back down and stick my finger in my mouth, rubbing my teeth, trying desperately to get the sensation to go away. The next thing I know, one of my teeth popped out with a sickening sound. I stare in horror at the bloody tooth laying in my palm. My teeth start shifting again and I feel tears run down my face. I put my hand up to my mouth just as another tooth comes loose. Blood spurts between my fingers and three more teeth pop out. The light above the mirror flickers and I run from the bathroom terrified. 

     "MABEL!! MABEL SOMETHING'S HORRIBLY WRONG!! MABEL!!!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs, pronouncing the words as best i can as my teeth continue to fall out. "WHAT's HAPPENING?!?!" I sob out. I crash to my knees in the hallway and scream. Mabel comes tearing through the house screaming my name asking where I am. She finds me curled into myself on the floor, shuddering and sobbing. "M-Mabel, my teeth! They're f-falling out!!" I sob, holding my hand against my bloody mouth, trying desperately to keep my teeth in my gums. "WHAT?!?! LET ME SEE DIPPER!!" She grabs my wrist and yanks it away from my mouth, fear twisting her face. She just stares at me. "..... Is this a joke?" She asks, angrily. My stomach drops. "Wha-?" I start to ask. "That's not fucking funny Dipper! You scared the hell out of me!!" She yells at me. What is she talking about?! 

     Looking down at my hands, the blood is gone, there's no teeth in my hands. "What?" I whisper. "NO! Mabel i swear!" I shout at her, my eyes spilling over with tears and I start to hyperventilate. Her eyes go wide and she realizes something really is wrong. "Dipper... What's going on?" She asks fearfully. "I DON'T FUCKING KNOW!!" I scream, gripping my hair and sob. I press my forehead against the cold floor and try to breath, but I can't. "S-something's ha-happening to me M-Mabel. I'm scared... I-I'm so s-scared" I choke out through my sobs. She wraps her arms around me and I wail into her shoulder. "What did you see?" She asks calmly. "M-my teeth... They were moving and f-falling o-out! They w-were in my h-hands! There was blood e-everywhere! Oh God!..." I pant out. She whispers reassuring things in my ear and rubs my back until I calm down. 

     "Dipper... What happened to your shoulder?" Mabel asks and I freeze, my watery eyes going wide and I whimper at the memory. "Something bit me, in my dream.... the day of the party" I whisper. "In your dream? Dipper that's not possible" She says stubbornly. And I pull away from her. "It's the truth!" I spit out, suddenly angry, I'm not crazy! I'm not crazy! "Dipper..." She starts to say something but I get up from the floor and run to my room, locking it. I ignore her as she pounds on the door, threatening to break it down. Eventually she gives up and I drift off into sleep.