XXII

AN: Full credit to the artist~~

     I can't believe the words he just spoke, and I know it's true because he wears the truth snake around his wrist. He was silent after the last words he spoke. "The boy who defeated me, the boy with the constellation on his forehead" How is that possible... I sat in silence not digesting what was said very well and without a word I walk out of my room, leaving Bill sitting on the floor in his circle, quiet, trapped until I release him but I don't, because I didn't even think about it, I just left. I need to think. He didn't say a word as I walked out, but I felt his eyes on me.

     Wendy and Mabel are sitting in the living room facing me when I walk down the stairs, their mouths agape and a walky-talky in Mabel's hand, a little red light flashing on the top. It's the first thing I notice and I know that they heard everything. Their faces match mine, confusion, shock and a dark awe. "What the fuck man" Wendy whispers. I only shrug, I haven't blinked since the end of Bill's confession. My eyes feel red and sore but I don't care. I can't even think right now, so without a word I just walk out the front door leaving not only Bill behind but Mabel and Wendy too. I hear them calling out after me and I feel Bill's eyes from the window in my room on my back burning holes in me but I keep walking. 

     The air is cold and the moon barely shines, shedding little, to no light. This is the path that Mabel and I had been jogging on, I walk it out of reflex but feel shock setting in and I go numb, my steps are heavier like I'm walking through mud. I was alive 700 years ago? I've had two previous births? I defeated Bill? How did I break his spells? Suddenly I understand what he meant when he kept asking me how I was doing that but never told me what exactly I did. He had me under spells so I couldn't move and I broke them and gained control. I have the upper hand over him when I do this, is there a reason? Some significance to that? I'm a rare soul, what does that mean exactly...

     Where do I go from here, what's the next move? If I did those things to him, why did he touch me the way he did that night at the party, why did we dance? I don't understand anything now. How could I have done such a thing 700 years ago? I sacrificed myself for the world to survive, I know I must have been some sort of hero, but how could I? How dare I... I didn't ask to be some sort of prophesied hero, I didn't ask to damn my soul to Bill, I didn't ask for any of this... There wasn't another way to defeat him? There wasn't something else I could have done? That saying with the red strings of fate, ties two souls together... Our strings are red with blood... ancient black magic that no longer exists except for what intertwines us... I don't want this.

     My head is spinning too fast, running through questions that will probably never be answered, my head throbs and I reach my palm up to my forehead, squeezing my eyes shut. My forehead burns suddenly and I wince, doubling over at the sharp unrelenting pain. When I open my eyes there's a blue light shinning on my hands. My forehead is glowing? No, my birthmark. It hurts, my mind spins and my numb body gives out on me as I crash to my knees. I faintly hear my name being shouted but can barely hear it through the agony in my head. The pain starts throbbing and I squeeze my hands against my temples, desperate to make it stop, but everything goes black.