Epilogue

AN: Full credit to the artist~~

     I've been home for a few months now, I was finally well enough to persuade Bill. He wasn't thrilled, wanting to keep me to himself, but I was eager. When Mabel found out she threw a small party with our closest friends on my first day back. Her and Wendy ordered a bunch of chinese food and decorated the whole front yard. Mabel wasn't too happy to see Bill, Wendy didn't seem to care much though, as I had already told her everything. Slowly Mabel has come around to Bill. 

     Him and I talked for a few days about what we wanted to do after how things progressed the way they did. I don't know how I managed but I was able to somehow convince Bill to come with me. I told Mabel after the party that Bill was staying. It's funny now, but she threw a small temper tantrum. I think she's slowly coming around to his presence though which makes me incredibly happy. I even caught the two in a pillow fort the other night, laughing and talking while eating chips. I couldn't resist the smile that spread on my face that night and I left the two to their conversations. 

     A few days ago Mabel and I finally got in contact with Grunkle Stan and Grunkle Ford for a few minutes before their reception cut out. They are stuck in a random dimension right now and should be back in a month or two, I'm eager to see them. They told me it was a beautiful place to be stuck in, a little lonely though since there's no intelligent life to be found. The entire realm is like an underwater forest, the water goes so high they can't even see where the surface is. I was surprised that they didn't need any gear to breathe, even though they are submerged. They gushed about how it feels like they are walking on the moon and basically swimming everywhere, the colors are astounding, and at night everything glows with bioluminescence. 

     Bill knew exactly what dimension they were in, but since they don't exactly know about Bill yet I didn't offer them a faster way home with his portals. Besides, I know that Ford probably wants to figure it out on his own anyway. I told Bill not to tell me anything about the realm because I wanted to hear the stories first. Plus, as soon as they get back we were going to have to figure out how to tell them about Bill being a permanent fixture in our lives and get over that uncomfortable (and probably angry) conversation. Then once I've splurged on the stories and research of what they found, will I let Bill fill in the blanks and correct whatever may be wrong. 

     During the time I was recovering at Bill's home, I told Mabel all about the dungeon and I had talked to her about Sam, David and Marv. Then a few days ago I got the greatest surprise I could have ever asked for, although I also learned something that made me cry and broke my heart. I had come home to the mystery shack from the grocery store with Wendy and in the kitchen sat Sam and David. Apparently they flew out from North Carolina where they live when Mabel reached out and found them, inviting them over for a get-together.

     I was so elated to see them, but then I realized that Marv was not among them. When I asked where he was they told me the devastating news that he didn't make it out of the dungeon. That day we held a small ceremony for Marv. Even though Sam and David already did one, it was nice to have another one, with all three of his cellmates together. 

     The rest of the day we spent socializing. The two of them seemed to have healed nicely, like me. Sam was still quiet, considering the tip of his tongue had been sliced off by the demon, but I got him to laugh a few times and we had a great time. They got to know my sister and Bill, and thanking him profusely. I think Bill got annoyed after a while, he still hasn't quite gotten used to not being an object to fear. I think the lack of chaos bothers him sometimes, but then I see the light in his eyes when he smiles and laughs at some lewd gestures Sam makes and I am confident that he will be just fine. 

     The days are quiet and peaceful. I'm finally getting used to life as normal again and I couldn't be happier. Mabel has gotten her lovably obnoxious aura back and loves to taunt Bill day in and day out. My favorite moments are when Bill and I go to bed for the night and he holds me close. He's so warm and safe, he stares at me constantly. I can see the hungry lust in his eyes, but he doesn't always act on it. I love the times when he does act on it too, but when he doesn't he studies me and bites his lips, eyes shining with wide pupils and a honey glow in his cheeks. 

     He'll run his fingertips across my face, light as a feather. Brushes my hair behind my ear and traces my birthmark, copying the constellation. Every now and then the mark glows a faint blue at his touch. I don't know why this happens, but it doesn't hurt so I don't care. I like the warmth that emanates from it, the slight tingle that rushes down my back and makes my skin vibrate. I love the way the blue illuminates his golden face, reflecting in his wide pupils and mixing with the brilliant hue of his irises, exaggerating the light dusting of freckles under his long lashes.

     Every night before I drift off, I think about how wonderful life has become since Bill showed up. If you had told me a year ago that Bill and I would be lovers and happily absorbing every touch and whispered word exchanged, I'd have lost my mind. I'd have been angry and disgusted, horrified even. Now I can't imagine anything better to have happened in my entire life. Things started out so horribly, I know he regrets the begging of this year, but I don't care about that time anymore. I'm only concerned with how things are now. I'm glad for what I did 700 years ago. The world wouldn't be as it is now in any way shape or form, and Bill wouldn't be holding me right now, had I not done what I did.

     My favorite thing out of all of it, now that Bill has come terms terms with his emotions and understands them, every night before we fall asleep he pulls me close. He kisses me deeply and breathlessly whispers words that make me grin like an idiot, a fluttery warmth spreads through my entire body, engulfing me completely. 

     "I love you Dipper"

AN: Thank you all so much for reading my story, I truly hope you all enjoyed every word! I hope I made you cry, laugh and smile. I hope I left you all breathless at least once and wanting to pull out your hair at every twist and turn. I immensely enjoyed writing this story, it was a thrill coming up with all the plot twists and imagery, trying to fit all the pieces together and tie up loose ends. Each chapter was exciting and I can't thank you all enough for the votes and comments. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I know I keep saying it, but I hope you loved reading it as much as I loved writing it!! I love you guys <3 <3 <3