𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 / 𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚛𝚜

Start from the beginning

"There's nothing to talk about, Elijah. She made her decision." Klaus sighed.

"Niklaus, come on. You can't stay upset at her forever. Whatever she did, she did it for our family. She fought for our family. Something every single one of us do."

"She's pregnant, Elijah. She could've hurt herself and our child. I asked her not to involve herself and she did." Klaus said, looking back down at his wedding band.

"But she did because she loves her family, Niklaus. You daggered all of us to protect us and Amara spelled herself to protect your child so she could protect her family. She will do anything to protect her family, Niklaus. She did whatever she could. That's you. She's the female version of you. She fights for her loved ones. The way you daggered us to keep us safe, Amara spelled herself to keep your child safe." Elijah explained. "Yes, it was a risky move to make but she did it for us. That's how much love she has for you, your child and our entire family. And think of it this way. If she hadn't spelled herself, she wouldn't have been able to defend herself against Lucien. She probably wouldn't even be here if she hadn't spelled herself. She was being smart, Niklaus, just like you."

Klaus looked at his brother, processing everything Elijah had told him. Before he could say anything, Marcel and Kol arrived with four beers. They all sat down and lifted their glasses.

"To Elijah, who's finally about to settle down with the woman of his dreams." Kol said.

"To the most noble man I've ever met finally finding happiness in his life." Marcel said.

"To my brother and my best friend, finally getting everything he deserves." Klaus said with a genuine smile on his face.

"Cheers!" They all said.

********

𝙼𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎

The girls were in a different bar where they had ordered drinks. Since Amara was pregnant, she ordered a non alcoholic drink. Across the bar, a vampire had spotted Amara and found her extremely attractive. All he could think about was all the things he could do to her. He had all the wrong intentions in mind. He decided to wait until she was alone before he could make a move.

Meanwhile, the girls were having fun. They were drinking and gossiping about their men. "No way. I didn't know Kol was like that." Amara said, making Davina blush.

"He's a real softie." She said.

"That's like Elijah too. He'll act all tough but inside, he's a teddy bear." Hayley said as the girls laughed.

"I think all of our men are like that." Rebekah said.

The girls spoke for a little while longer until Amara started to get tired. Being pregnant meant she got tired very quickly. "Girls, I think I'm going to head home now. I'm exhausted."

"Aw, should I come with you?" Rebekah asked.

"No, you guys have your fun. I'll be okay." Amara smiled. She said her goodbyes to the girls before leaving the bar. Meanwhile, the vampire that had been watching her all night felt like he finally had a chance to get to her so he quickly left the bar and began following the blonde.

Amara took a deep breath as she walked down the streets of New Orleans. There was a light breeze but it was also quite cold. She had forgotten to wear a jacket but that was her own fault. As she walked, she felt a hand tap her shoulder. She turned around and was met by a man she had never met before.

"I don't think a gorgeous woman like you should be walking around here alone at night." The vampire smirked. Amara could tell he was a vampire from the scent.

"You know what. I think I'll be okay." She said before turning around, only for the vampire to grab her wrist. Amara felt her anger rising as she turned around and took his hand off her wrist. "Don't you dare touch me. I suggest you leave right now."

"I'm not leaving without you. Oh my god, you're going to be struggling to walk by the time I'm done with you." The vampire smirked, licking his lips. He grabbed Amara by the waist and attempted to drag her away but Amara was a hybrid. She was stronger than this pathetic vampire. She knew she couldn't fight him because she couldn't risk hurting her baby so she did the only think she could think of. She kicked the vampire where the sun doesn't shine and he dropped to the floor in pain, holding onto his crotch. The vampire became angry and stood up again, pinning Amara against the wall, his eyes becoming darker. Amara gathered as much strength as she could and was able to toss the vampire to the other side of the street, making him land into and break a bench.

The vampire growled and used his vampire speed to get to Amara but was stopped. Klaus was stood in front of the vampire and before anyone could say anything, he shoved his hand into the vampire's chest, making the vampire yell in pain.

"No-one touches my wife and walks away alive." He growled, his eyes glowing yellow. The vampire was terrified at this point.

"I'm sorry, Mr Mikaelson. I didn't know she was your wi-" The vampire said before Klaus ripped his heart out and he fell to the ground, his body turning grey.

Klaus turned to face his wife who was looking at the body on the ground before looking up at her husband, breathing heavily. Klaus walked over to his wife and took off his leather jacket before putting it on her shoulders to cover her up as it was getting colder.

"Niklaus, I-"

"Shhh, let's just go home." Klaus said, holding his wife's hand as they both walked home together.