Chapter 72~

Third Person POV:

It was now exactly one year later since Cristina had told Shawn the truth. They had their rocky moments in their relationship, but they always made up and came out stronger for it.

Shawn helped Cristina explain to Cory and Topanga what she had been through the last 5 years. After she told them, Shawn's parents came up to New York to see him and they explained it to them. They welcomed her back into the family after understanding what had happened. She was even introduced to Jack, Shawn's long lost brother. She began seeing a lot of Jack after he started seeing Violet. Jack says it was love at first sight but Violet says that the first time they met she caught him staring at her boobs.

After 8 months of them dating again, Shawn asked Cristina to move into his apartment across the hall. She said yes.

Elijah later that year started the pre-med program at NYU. He now plans to become an orthopedic or a trauma surgeon.

The man who crashed into Cristina 6 years ago was now completely sober and became a sponsor to help others battle their addictions. He continues to call Cristina weekly and they have grown very close.

Cory and Topanga has announced that they were pregnant the following December. They haven't found out the gender yet but Eric thinks it's going to be a girl.

He says he is going to have a niche. And although no one really knows what he means by that, he continues to say it.

Cristina's POV:

Shawn and I were currently out on our one year anniversary dinner. Neither of us really liked fancy restaurants so he arranged for a romantic picnic at the park instead. We didn't want to be interrupted by screaming children or barking dogs, so we started the picnic at 10 pm. Late, I know, but it was peaceful and very romantic.

Shawn was laying his head on my lap while we looked at the stars. Super cheesy, but we didn't care. Or at least I didn't.

"Okay enough star gazing i'm bored." Shawn said. "Let's play a game."

I raised my eyebrows. "What kinda game?"

He snapped his fingers. "Let's do that thing that all the cheesy couples do in the movies where they throw food and try to get it in the other person's mouth." He picked out a few grapes from the picnic basket. "Well don't just sit there, be cheesy and funny with me."

I giggled. "Okay fine." I scooted back so it wouldn't be so easy for him. I surprisingly caught the first few grapes pretty easily. "Make it a little harder would ya? This is way too easy for me."

He smiled. "Okay show-off, catch this one." He threw the grape way too far.

I turned around to see where the grape landed. "Okay there was no way I was going to catch that, you threw that so far above my hea—" When I turned back around I went silent.

I saw Shawn down on one knee with a velvet box in his hand. I couldn't believe it.

"You once told me that you hated that I was so persuasive, but right now i'm counting on the fact that I am." He giggled and kept going. "For the last 9 years, you have been all I thought about. When I hear the word happiness, I think of you. When I hear the word beautiful, I think of you. When I hear the word love, I think of you." My eyes started to water. "If you would've asked anybody I knew, they would've told you that Shawn Hunter didn't do relationships. Shawn Hunter doesn't commit. Shawn Hunter doesn't fall in love. But then I did. I have a relationship, I committed, and I fell in love with you. And now anyone who knows me now will tell you that i'm a better man for it. Personally I can tell you that I feel like a better man with you. When i'm walking and you're right beside me holding my hand, I feel happier. When i'm first waking up in the morning and I roll over to see you smiling at me, I feel happier. When I come home from work and I see you sitting there, waiting to give me a welcome home kiss, I feel happier." As I let my happy tears fall, it was Shawn's turn to have watery eyes. "I never thought I was gonna be able to understand what people meant when they said things like 'light of my life' or 'you're my world.' But thanks to you, I understand. I understand what it's like for you to love someone so much that it consumes you. You did that for me. You continue to do that for me. And because of that, I want to show you how committed I am to making showing you that I am truly and eternally yours." He opens the velvet box, and I lay my eyes upon the most beautiful ring I have ever seen.

I put my hand over my mouth and I notice Shawn start to cry

"Cristina Angela Carrillo, will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

I didn't even hesitate.

"Yes! YES I'LL MARRY YOU!" I jumped on top of him and kissed him. We kissed for a while before pulling apart again.

"Happy anniversary fiancé." He says with a playful smile.

"Happy anniversary future husband."