Chapter 17~

Cristina's POV:

Today is the day. Today is the day that after several months of Shawn and I counseling/peer pressuring, Cory is finally going to ask Topanga out.

All three of us were standing by the lockers and Cory was pacing back and forth trying to build up the courage to do it. He just saw Topanga and got really nervous.

"Cor, why are you stalling?" I said.

"I'm not trying to, but look at her guys." He lovingly looks at her. "Wow she's so pretty."

Shawn nudges Cory's shoulder. "Then go up and say hi. I mean you've known her your whole life."

"Yeah but that's not the Topanga i've known. She's a woman now."

"Look Cor, we've been over this, just go up to her and ask her out already." I said pushing him towards Topanga. I could only push him so far before I tried letting him walk on his own.

He stood there staring at her. "Am I moving yet?"

Shawn stepped in front of him. "Look Cor, Topanga is a woman now, and a very hot one if I might add, it's only a matter of time before someone else asks her out."

"I know, I know." He takes a deep breathe. "Okay i'm going for it." He walks over to her and actually makes it all the way this time.

Cory talks to Topanga for all of 15 seconds before he turns back to us and the bell rings. "No luck?" I ask sticking my hands in my pockets.

"I've got the luck of a sea monkey I tell ya."

We get to Turners class and we all see Topanga passing out some papers. Shawn leans over from behind Cory to whisper to him.

"Here's your chance Cor, ask her to see a movie."

"Try and stop me." He says confidently. Just as Topanga makes her way to him and puts a paper on his desk, he looks up and calls her over. "Topanga." She turns around. He sees her and lifts up his paper. "Thanks for this." He puts his hand to his forehead and salutes her. HE SALUTED HER!

Cory turns around to me and Shawn. "I saluted."

"We know, unfortunately we all saw." I said slumping back into my chair and putting my hands to my face.

"Dude you're making to big of a deal about this. Just act natural." Shawn said.

"You're right." Cory stands up as Topanga walks by. "So Topanga, Friday night whats going on?" She turns around and smiles at him.

"I don't know." She's looking like she's waiting for him to say something. Come on Cory you got this.

"Neither do I." I bang my head on the table. "Okay then." He then gives her a thumbs up and I bang my head on the table again. Topanga walks away and I turn to Cory.

"A thumbs up?"

"If I don't show up to school tomorrow it's because I chopped my hand off."

~Lunch~

Shawn and I were by the vending machines watching Cory talk to Topanga. I turn to Shawn. "So you think he's finally doing it? You think he's gonna ask Topanga to the screenings on Friday?"

"Yeah, but Cory is gonna come over here in about two minutes, and before he does I need you to agree to do something."

"What is it?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him.