Chapter 25~

Cristina's POV:

"Okay but what if I fall off the stage?"

"Cris it's two feet off the ground. I think you'll live." Shawn as been trying to help me get up on the stage for the past 15 minutes.

"Is anybody from school here?" I looked around nervously.

"Nope. I made sure that this place was out of the area code so you didn't have to worry about anybody from school showing up."

I looked up at him. "Shawn i'm nervous."

"Hey, these are just a bunch of strangers. Even if you mess up, which i'm sure you won't, you're probably never gonna see these people again. As far as they're concerned you're the girl that's currently saving their ears after this chick with a voice of a banshee." I giggled as he pointed to the girl on stage right now. She wasn't doing too hot. "You're probably the only one here who's got any talent. And if it gets to be too much, just remember Cory, Topanga, and I will be in the front row the whole time cheering you on."

"Thanks Shawn."

"No problem." He side hugged me and went to the front row with Cory and Topanga.

I looked through the list of songs they had and I found one that was perfect. "Dj, tell the band to play this song next." I pointed at track 23 and he nodded his head.

"Thank God because we need to get that screaming chick off the stage right now."

The girl finished her song and just as she was about to ask the dj for another one, he kicked her off the stage and whispered to the band for a minute. He walked off the stage and helped me onto the stage. "Good luck honey." I walked to the front and center of the stage where the mic stand was and looked at Shawn. He mouthed 'you got this' to me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

These people don't know you.

It's just Cory, Shawn, and Topanga.

You got this.

I nodded to the band to let them know I was ready to start and put my hands on the mic.

Third Person POV:

Cristina started singing the first lines as the guitarist started playing.

"I got your picture, I'm coming with you
Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle
And I'm the pen"

People were already cheering her on and she visibly started to look more confident as the guitar part in the beginning progressed.

"When the lights go up
I wanna watch the way you take the stage by storm
The way you wrap those boys around your finger"

She twirled her finger in the air as she sang that line and Shawn started smiling when he saw she was starting to have fun with being on stage.

"Go on and play the leader
'Cause you know it's what you're good at
The low road for the fast track, make every second last"

She took the mic of the stand and leaned into the crowd a bit while still holding the mic stand with her other hand.

"Cause I got your picture, I'm coming with you
Dear Maria, count me in
There's a story at the bottom of this bottle
And I'm the pen
Make it count
When I'm the one who's selling you out
'Cause it feels like stealing hearts
Calling your name from the crowd"