Chapter 44~

Shawn's POV:

"Hunter, where are we going?"

"I told you, it's a surprise."

"Are we at least almost there?"

"Yes. Which means now is the part where you close your eyes."

"UGHHH!!" She groans.

"Just trust me."

I knew she'd be too curious to ditch the idea now, so she listened and closed her eyes.

"Fine, they're closed."

"No peeking."

"I'm not peeking. But if you ram me into a pole or something it's your head on a pike."

"Don't worry, I believe you." We both laugh and I grab her other hand to start guiding her where I want to go. I know I didn't have to grab both of her hands, but I loved the way her hands felt when I held them. "Okay stay right there and don't move." I let go of her hands and opened the door.

"Hunter?"

"I'm here." I say from behind her as I set my hands on her shoulders. "Start walking, i've got you."

"I know. I trust you." Just hearing her say that made me smile. I felt her shoulders relax and I relaxed my hands. I wanted to make her feel safe.

"Aaaaaaand stop." I took my hands off of her shoulders and she instantly reached out and grabbed onto my hand. I don't know why she did it, to be honest I don't think she knew either by the way I saw her face change.

"Sorry, my eyes are still closed and I just needed to know you were there."

"Don't worry. I'm here." I smile again. "Okay, open your eyes."

She opened them and saw the ice skating rink.

"Oh no."

"Oh yes." She looked over to see me grinning from ear to ear.

"Shawn you know I suck at ice skating. I fall even when I have the plastic skate pushers. Not even 7 year olds fall with those!"

"Well today you are learning. And we are going to stay here and practice even if it takes the rest of the day."

"But it's closed. We shouldn't even be in here."

"It's okay, my dad's coworker's brother owns this place. We are free to stay however long we want." I walk over to the counter and jump over it. "Now, what size shoe are you?"

She rolled her eyes. "7  1/2 ." I took out some skates for the both of us and hopped back over to her side of the counter.

"Here." She took the skates and we went to sit down to change our shoes.

"This is going to be a disaster."

"No it won't. Now shut up and let's skate."

Cristina's POV:

I grabbed Shawn's hand to help me up and as soon as he let go of my hand I fell.

"See! We aren't even on the ice yet and i'm already falling on my ass!"

"I almost forgot how bad you were." He laughed so I playfully hit his arm. He flinched but continued laughing. "How come you can roller skate just fine, but suck at ice skating?"

"Roller skating is easy. The skates have four wheels so you don't have to worry about balance. Ice skates have one blade down the middle so now I have to worry about moving while trying not to fall."