Chapter 58~

Cristina's POV:

The dinner with Shawn and my parents went very well. My sister and stepmom always liked Shawn so I wasn't really too worried about that. And my dad took the news fairly well. Since I told him that Shawn was the one who helped me a lot through my breakup with Derek, he trusts that he really loves me. He also knows that since we've been friends for over a decade that he won't hurt me.

Right now I was about to take my drivers test. I took the written test about 7 months ago and I have been practicing driving with my dad, but I was still a little nervous.

"Okay, are you ready to take the test?" The instructor said.

"As ready as i'll ever be."

Shawn's POV:

I came with Cristina and her parents to the DMV. She was super nervous so her parents picked me up and told me to help her calm down. I did that on the 30 minute car ride over.

Her parents and I waited in the lounge in silence. I kept bouncing my leg as I waited for her to come back.

25 minutes went by and she finally came back with her instructor and a smile on her face.

"I passed!" She said.

I smiled and hugged her. "Congratulations!"

"We are so proud honey!" Her dad said as he hugged her.

The instructor interrupted. "Let's go get your picture and paperwork for your license."

I swear it took hours do get that little piece of plastic. I eventually fell asleep in one of the chairs for about 30 minutes.

"Shawn." She whispered. "Shawn."

I shot up. "WHAT!?"

"Shhhhhhh!"

I realized I screamed and lowered my voice. "Sorry. Are you done yet?"

"Yup we're done. Ready to go home?" She said as she held the keys in her hands. I guess her dad was letting her drive home.

"Yup."

Let me say, as crazy as she is, she is actually a very responsible driver.

Once she dropped her parents off, we went to drive around a bit just so she could get used to driving the car.

"Whose car is this by the way?"

"It's my stepmom's old car. She got a new one so instead of trading it in they decided to give it to me."

"Cool. So where you do want to go?"

"Hmmmm." She paused as she started thinking. "How about we just go pick up something to eat at a drive thru nearby and finish the food in the parking lot?"

"Sounds good to me."

"If you spill anything in my car I will have to kill you. I hope you know that."

I laughed as we went over to the McDonald's drive thru.

"Hello. Welcome to McDonald's! May I take your order?"

"Yes, can I get the 8 piece chicken nugget meal and an iced coffee?"

"Cristina it's 8 pm."

"Fine." She turned back to the window. "Can you make that decaf?"

"Of course!"

"Okay your turn Shawn."

I leaned over Cristina so the lady could hear me. "Can I get a cheeseburger and a medium coke?"

"Will that be all?"

"Yes thank you!"

"No problem. That will be $7.50 at the window."

She moved forward and got into the line. As we waited for the line to move we turned up the music on the radio and we started singing and dancing. You're the one that I want came on the radio and we started screaming the lyrics.

When the line started moving and it was our turn to pay, she turned down the music and we pulled up to the window.

"$7.50." The worker said.

As she fumbled to get the wallet out of her back pocket I handed the girl $8.

"Shawn."

"Don't 'Shawn' me. You pulled that little wallet stealing stunt last week so i'm paying. Plus, think of it as a reward for passing the test."

She rolled her eyes. "Fine."

The worker took my cash and gave me back the change. We drove up to the next window and picked up the food. Once we checked to make sure everything was in the bags, Cristina took the car and parked it.

"Bon appétit." She said while giggling. She turned the music on the radio back up.

We ate.

We sang.

We danced.

We smiled.

My life was perfect.