Chapter 38:

Shawn's POV:

I wake up to light shining in my face. I rub my eyes and stretch my arms. Once my eyes refocus I see that Cristina had turned on the living room light. Once she saw that she woke me up, she flinched.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up."

"It's cool. What time is it?" I look over and see Cory and Topanga passed out on the other couch.

"9 am. I was gonna wait for you guys to wake up, but I got hungry so i'm gonna go make some pancakes."

"Not alone you aren't." I got up and walked over to the kitchen.

"Shawn, i'm going through a tough breakup but you don't have to baby me."

"Oh this has nothing to do with your breakup. You're just a really bad cook so i'm helping."

Her jaw fell in offense. "I'm not THAT bad!"

"Please last time I saw you cook you almost set the house on fire FOUR TIMES!"

"So! Sometimes foods with oils on them are hard to cook with!"

"You were making a grilled cheese."

She made a face as if she was going to try and argue but she couldn't think of a rebuttal. "Okay you made your point Hunter, now go get the eggs."

"Yes ma'am." I gave her a little salute as she went to grab a pan, a whisk, a mixing bowl, a box of pancake mix, and some plates.

I pulled out some milk and eggs from the refrigerator. As she began pouring the pancake mix into the bowl.

"Um, why don't you let me do that part." I said as she went to crack an egg into the mix.

"I know how to crack eggs Hunter. I'm not totally useless."

"Maybe, but when I said i'd help I kinda meant that i'd do all the cooking while you just tried not to burn or touch anything." I grabbed the bowl and moved it away from her.

"Relax Hunter, i'll follow the instructions on the side of the box and you'll do the pouring and flipping part." She put her hands over mine and moved the bowl closer to her.

"See but last time you said you said you were gonna 'follow the instructions' Cory got a second degree burn on his arm." I pulled the bowl closer to me.

"Like I said earlier, hot oils are always a danger in the kitchen." She pulled the bowl towards her.

"You were making quesadillas." I pulled the bowl closer to me.

"Shawn. I got this."

"I don't trust you."

"Well too bad." As she finished her sentence she threw a bit of the mix into my face.

"Oh so were doing this now?"

"Yup." She dabbed my nose with more of the pancake mix.

"Okay." Quickly, I grabbed a handful of the mix and threw it in her face. When she opened her eyes she looked pissed. "Don't start something you can't finish Carrillo."

She rubbed the powder from her under eyes. "Trust me Hunter, i'm planning on finishing this."

She goes to grab the bowl but I beat her to it and throw all of the mix onto her head. "Oh are you now?"

I look over and see she has her hands behind her back. "Yes. I. Am." All the sudden she cracks two eggs on top of my head and smears the yolk on my scalp and down my shirt. "Told you I could crack an egg."