Chapter 5~

Cristina's POV~

The next day I was crossing my fingers and hoping that the Matthews didn't make Cory go to school but unfortunately I saw him in Feeny's with his red phillies cap on and I wanted to scream.

I went over to Cory and looked him straight in the eyes. "Cory i'm so sorry I honestly thought it was 45 minutes. Please for—"

"Crissy it's okay, I decided I wanted to put this stuff in my hair in the first place it's my fault too." He cut me off.

"Good luck with presenting today."

"I'm gonna need it."

I took my regular seat next to Shawn and he came in and sat behind Cory.

Mr. Feeny went up to the from of the class. "Okay class, time for the remainder of the oral presentations. Mr. Matthews, Ms. Lawrence, you're up."

Cory stood up and Feeny saw his hat. "Mr. Matthews remove yourself cap and deliver your report."

"I can't remove my cap because our report is on the ozone layer and the cap is part of our UV protection angle." He grinned to try and sway Feeny on letting him wear it.

"No caps in my class!" Feeny said as he shook his finger at Cory.

"Please Feeny, if there is one shred of humanity in you, you'll let me keep this on." He pleaded.

"Too many years of 6th graders have bled me of my humanity. Now take off your cap."

Cory turned to the class and took off his cap. Everyone except Topanga, Shawn, and I laughed.

I have had enough of this.

"HEY! LOSERS! THAT'S RIGHT! YOU FREAKS! CORY MAY BE THE ONE WITH THE WEIRD HAIR BUT YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO LAUGH AT HIM RIGHT NOW! YOU'RE ALL SO IMMATURE! YOU THINK HIS HAIR LOOKS FUNNY! I'LL SHOW YOU FUNNY!"

I took scissors from Mr. Feeny's desk and grabbed my long dark brown strands of hair and cut them from my hips to about an inch below my collarbone. The class gasped as I started chopping my hair off and throwing the cut strands on the floor. The class went silent.

"Yeah that's what I thought. Cory is my best friend okay! And anybody who laughs at him has to laugh at me. And anybody who laughs at me has to deal with me ya got that!"

The class nodded and I sat back down. I turned my head to Cory and Topanga and nodded. "So, the ozone layer?"

~Skip to Lunch~

When the bell rang Cory and Topanga came up to me by the lunch tables.

"Cristina why would you do that?" Cory asked.

"Because I was the one who did that to your hair and I was gonna be the one to fix it. So I did."

"I thought what you did was very admirable Cristina." Topanga said nodding her head at me.

"Thanks Top, ya know I saw you were one of the only people who didn't laugh. Thanks for not laughing him."

"Any friend of yours is a friend of mine."

After she walks away I turn to Cory. "See why I think she's cool now Cory."

"Yeah I guess, if she was normal she would've laughed at me like everybody else." After I said that Shawn walked up and we all sat down at our table.

"Okay now that that is over. You two are gonna have to come over to my house today to help me explain to my dad what I did to my hair."

"Wait why do I have to come?" Shawn asked.

"If I recall correctly I remember asking a certain someone to put on a timer that never went off." I raised my eyebrows at Shawn.

His eyes widened. "Fine i'll go."

"I don't care about going, after saving my butt over there, i'll do anything you want."

I smiled. "Hmmmmmm. Anything?" Cory started to look nervous. "Like, for example, getting Eric to love me."

"BLEGH! Anything except that. Throw that in a volcano and let it die."

"Well a girl's gotta try."

"No she really doesn't."

"Aw, is little Matthews jealous?" I asked Cory whole pouting my lips.

"Ew! pu-leaseee you're like my sister."

"Well if things with Eric go as planned I could legally make that happen you know."

"Cristina NO!"

"Ugh you're no fun." I said smiling at him and scooting my bag of lays chips towards Shawn. He grabs them and immediately rips them open.

"You're too good for Eric anyways. Hell, you're too good for most of the guys at this school." Shawn said while eating his chips.

"Oh, so what, you guys are like my older brothers now? Being picky with the guys I can like?"

"Yes." They both said in perfect unison.

My jaw dropped. "Wow I didn't know you guys were so protective of me." I said and went to sip my juice.

"Well we gotta. Who else is gonna watch out for you better than us?" Shawn said as he pointed in between him and Cory.

"Ummmm. I don't know? ME! Guys I can take care of myself ya know."

"We know but we're your best friends, we always gotta watch each other's backs." Cory said really sincerely.

"Okay enough with the sappy crap. What are we gonna tell my dad?"

Set Apartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें