#32

"Maya!!!"

I turned my attention towards the voice and saw all the students staring at me. The mob separated and a couple of familiar girls walked through.

"Ami? Sara?" I mumbled, "and others too?"

As the girls walked closer, it confirmed that it was them.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked, "are you even allowed in middle school?"

"Yes. We're also here to pick you up and walk home together," Yeona explained.

"You know them?" Jaeyoung asked, very confused with the situation.

"Yeah, we live in the same dorm together. Apart from Jiyeon," I explained.

"Ahh... cool. I'll see you tomorrow then, bye," She said and waved goodbye.

"Shall we go?" Sara asked.

"Let's go," Jiyeon chanted.

We started walking towards the door and all eyes were following us. Unwanted attention in my perspective, but I guess I should have to get used to it. All four girls were striding with their heads up out the doors. However, being self-conscious, had my head down. Ami seemed to notice quite quickly and pulled me closer towards her.

"I swear you have a seventh sense mate," I proclaimed.

She chuckled, "What's up, you look down?"

I sighed quietly, "why is everyone in awe of you guys?"

"The younger grades think we're really pretty. At least that's what they've told us," she smiled, "they look up to us because we're kpop trainees. Don't take my word for it though, I heard this from JiJi."

I look at her confusedly.

"JiJi is what Jiyeon prefers to be called. Like her stage name," Ami explained.

We were so involved in our conversation that we didn't even notice that the dorm was right around the corner. JiJi had already split from our group heading towards her dorm.

Sara opened the door and we were greeted by the agonising glares from Jieun and Dayeon. I could tell that Dayeon didn't want to be there, in her place at that moment. Even though her facial expression was quite scary, her eyes looked apologetic.

"Hello to you too," Yeona spat sarcastically.

Jieun rolled her eyes and huffed, mumbling something under her breath. The two of them left the living room, heading toward their own. The four of us chuckled slightly at their childish behaviour.

"Let's get dressed. We have 20 minutes to be at our next lessons," Sara declared.

I shuffled into my room and changed my clothes and brushed my hair.

●outfit●

I walked out of Ami, Yeona, and my shared room to see all the girls all the kitchen

"You ready to go?" Ami asked, "we have 10 minutes to walk to the JYP building. Plenty of time."

3rd POV

Once again, the 4 four girls walked out of their small dorm. The other 2 girls had already arrived at the building, standing at the entrance. Snickering and chattering with each other. To some, it might seem like they're just having a friendly conversation. However, to them, they were doing the complete opposite. The conversation was not friendly, nor something the topic of the chatting should hear.

"At the break, right?" Dayeon repeated.

Jieun nodded and smirked smugly. They walked towards the elevator and snickered along the way.

"She'll definitely want to leave and regret coming here. She's untalented, ugly, and probably here just here because she paid people," Jieun scoffed.

Dayeon's POV

As Jieun-unnie spoke I immediately thought of her story of getting into the company. I swear she was talking about herself without knowing. She got here through business calls, money, bribes, and overall fraud. She herself can't sing and needs a personal trainer for dance. It may seem harsh, but her career is built up with lies.

I feel bad for Maya but hopefully, I can learn a bit of English to help them. However, I have to play along for the sake that Jieun doesn't yell at me. We continued to chat in the elevator heading to our class. I looked up to Jieun next to me and saw she had a dark shine in her eyes.

'This can't be good,' I thought sighing.

Maya's POV

Yeona and I walked out of the elevator, Ami and Sara had gone to a different floor for their lessons. Even though Yeona and I both had vocal lessons, we were in different groups. I had a one on one lesson, whereas Yeona had a group lesson. I was a little sad as our lessons wouldn't match up, I'll have to make a few new friends in my class.

Yeona waved goodbye and I waited in front of the studio for my teacher.

I looked at the time on my phone and it was 4:28 pm. I turned around towards the end of the hall from the clicking footsteps on the tiles. A tall, curvy figure came my way. They were visibly a female.

"Good morning Maya!" I heard the lady say as she arrived in front of me, "I'm Miss Kwon, shall we head in?" She opened the door and we walked through.

~~~~~