#17

"We're here."

My nervous state suddenly came back again. I felt sick.

'This is my chance, calm down Maya!" I shouted in my head.

JYP opened the door to the studio and it was amazing. A large area of equipment spread across a table in front of a glass window, viewing into the recording booth. My jaw had dropped the moment I entered the room. JYP turned around towards me and spoke, "So, before we start close the door and I'll explain what you're going to record."

I closed the door and turned back towards JYP who was sitting on a chair in front of the desk.

"Take a seat," he said pointing towards the couch, I sat down and he continued, "Now, because you can sing and rap,  I would like to record both. Can you sing a section from an English song and a Korean one?"

"Sure," I replied.

"Great! We'll record singing first and then rap after," He explained, "Go through that door and get comfortable to record."

I walked into the booth and placed the headphones over my ears. I placed one side behind my ear, just to hear my surroundings. Ready to start, I looked at JYP and did a thumbs up. He took that as a signal to start recording. He pressed a button on the control panel in front of him and did thumbs to let me know it was recording.

Clearing my throat quietly, I got into the mindset and started to sing.

(singing from 00:50 to 01:38)
(Credits to preetaxyz)

After singing, I immediately went on to sing an English song.

(singing from 00:38 to 01:32)
(credits to Audrey Mika)

"That was beautiful," I heard JYP speak through the headset, "Come out and we'll discuss the rap."

"Thank you, sir," I spoke quietly, from shyness.

I walked out of the booth more confident than when I walked in. I saw JYP smiling brightly as I walked in and I sat on the couch facing him.

"That was beautiful Maya," He exclaimed, "You said you haven't taken any singing lessons, right?"

"That's right," I answered, "My mum did gift me singing lessons for my birthday last year, but I never got around to it. That was also when she allowed me to audition!"

"I guess your last birthday has a special meaning?" I nod in reply, "Well, for the rap. I would also like you to do a Korean and English song, if possible."

"Sure,"

I stood up again and went inside the booth. Placing the headphones over my ears once again, I looked at JYP through the glass in front of me.

"Whenever you're ready," he spoke softly.

'Let's do this!' I cheered in my head.

(rapping from 01:29 to 01:49)
(credits to minergizer)

Quickly taking a breath, I looked at JYP and he had a small smile on his face with a calm expression. 

{01:16 to 01:43}
(Credits to CyKpop)

After I finished I walked out of the booth once again and sat down on the couch. 

"You have again surprised me," he said.

"Thank you.... uhh," my brain malfunctioned for a second, "How should I greet you? I never asked what to call you."

"Oh! Just call me PD-nim or JYP PD-nim," He suggested, "I bet you'll pick up some names while training." He chuckled.

"We're done now. We can go back to my office now and see if your mum has signed the contract," JYP PD-nim stood up and walked towards the door, opening it.

I walked through the door and he followed after. We walked in silence to his office until JYP yelled names that I never thought I would hear in real life by someone. 

"Bang Chan! Han Jisung!" he shouted to the people facing the other direction to us in the middle of the hallway, "Come here!"

'No way is this happening. Members from my favourite group are coming this way. This better not be a dream or I'm gonna punch someone.' I rambled in my head as my eyes went wide. 

"Hello, PD-nim," They spoke in unison, bowing to their elder.

~~~

I've been working on this chapter for more than an hour now, It's 11:51 pm. 

Hope you enjoyed!😊