#60

{I didn't think I'd last this long, honestly thought I'd stop writing this story halfway lol. But 60 CHAPTERS? I'll have to end the story soon. Thank you for your support!!💛💛}

Han still stared at Maya, waiting for her reply. She looked so sad but happy-sad.

"Maya... what's wrong?" He asked caressing her arm.

She was mumbling almost inaudible words. Maya turned to Han and smiled weakly at him. She showed him the phone. He hesitantly redirected his attention from her to her phone. Jisung took the phone and read through the messages carefully.

Messages like:
'Don't read Sarah's messages'
'What's happening?'
'Are you okay?'
'Maya, just reminding you you're the most precious person'
'Don't do anything stupid because of this'
'Sarah's a bitch istg'

The messages went on and on. Over 150 texts from Maya's friends. Texts that she didn't read that night, all because she was too absorbed in the hate of the unknown numbers.

Han smiled and hugged her. He was glad that there were still some of her friends on her side. Friends that would be there for her.

Maya's POV

After I went to JYP's office we had to have a meeting about the last few events. All members of Crown and Stray kids came. The room barely fit all of us. 13 people including some staff members. Also, the Itzy members who were present at today's events.

All members of Crown and Stray Kids explained what happened a few nights ago. I could barely compose myself while reliving the situation. I just felt like crying and hiding away from everything. I mumbled small 'sorry's quietly so no one would hear, but I just hoped someone would hear me.

And someone did, I was sitting next to Seungmin. He must have heard it because after a while of them explaining he held my hand under the table. He smiled at me and went back to listening.

The staff members took my phone by the end of it and assured nothing private would be looked at. They needed it for law suits and press releases.

It was nerve-racking. Nothing like this had ever happened to me before, nor did I think things like this would happen.

After the Itzy members spoke, they left. Soon after some staff left with a few stray kids members to sleep because they had to wake up early for their schedules.

Han was hesitant to leave, asking if I'd be okay. I nodded at every question with a reassuring smile. He finally gave in when his manager called from the door for the fifth time. Jisung placed a small kiss on the top of my head and followed his manager.

A staff member, that was still in the room for some odd reason, looked at me with suspicious looks after Han's action. I felt cornered. Would I get in trouble?

When Chan was about to leave, he saw the looks and went over to me. He said goodbye and peck the top of my head too. Felix and Hyunjin did the same, patting my head and left. The staff member left, assuming nothing was up.

But that was all half an hour ago. I was still sitting in the same room, same chair, in the same position as I was when everyone left. The rest of stray kids left not long after the others, having early and busy schedules tomorrow. My bandmates were reluctant to leave but thought it was best for them. They needed to take care of themselves more than me, at least that's what I thought.

I was alone in the semi-dark room. Trapped in my thoughts.

'This is not what I should be doing' I thought to myself.

I left the room with a persistent stride. Knowing where I was going and why. A couple of minutes later I was in the same meeting room with my phone in hand. Rethinking about whether I should press the call button or not.

"Ughhh.. fuck it," I pressed it and waited for it to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hi mum" smiling brightly

"Hi honey, how's everything? I heard you're debuting soon! I'm so excited for you" she was so chirpy and bright

"Everything... everything is ok"

"Why okay? Did something happen? You wouldn't usually be calling me this late, what about practice?"

"Uhm... well... t-things happened-"

"Maya, take your time. Telling me what's wrong slowly"

"A couple of nights ago... i-i..."

Hot tears ran down my face. I couldn't control them at all. I sniffled and tried to speak again.

"Uhh... b-bridge"

"What about a bridge?"

"I-i... I'm sorry mum"

"Honey why are you sorry? What happened?"

"I t-tried to jump o-off"

The line went silent. Mum didn't speak. I was trembling. Was she disappointed? Was she mad at me?

"Mum..."

"Maya..."

I could tell she was crying.

"I'm glad you didn't. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm getting to see someone now. I'm really sorry mum"

"Maya, it's okay. What stopped you from jumping?"

"I was about to... but one of my members came at the right time. I regret it now. 100%. I just think that I would have left my friends and family"

"Please let me meet that member soon"

"I will. Also, please don't communicate with Sarah or my other friends anymore"

"Why? What about Emily, Tamara and Rohan?"

"You can with them but please not Sarah. She was the one who put my profile out to the media"

"Oh ok"

I talked to her more, explaining other things about training and catching up with things at home. We talked for so long not even knowing the time.

I checked the time and gasped. It was 11:30 pm by then and I had rehearsal tomorrow. I said goodbye to her and left the room.

Finding Jihyun-nim outside the building. I smiled at her and we drove home.

°•°•♡•°•°
Things will develop soon.
I think...
Well, I hope you enjoyed. This is longer than I expected but yeah
Bye👍😚💛💛
°•°•♡•°•°