#23

"Maya!!" I heard someone yell. Then I was engulfed in a hug by all my friends.

"Why were you auditioning?"
"What were you auditioning for?"
"Did you pass?!"

Many questions came at me after they released me from the hug.

"I'll answer all your questions, just let me go to my locker first," They all nodded and I scurried away.

~3rd POV~

A couple of minutes later, Maya came back from her locker. All her friends had formed sat in a circle on the floor, patiently waiting for her to return. She came over and sat between Rohan and Tamara.

"So...Did you pass!?" Charlize squealed full of excitement.

"Yes!" I replied with just as much enthusiasm.

They all screamed in excitement and tackled me in a hug, earning some stares from students around us. They were all so happy that they couldn't care less.

'I don't want to ruin this moment for them,' I thought, 'I'll tell them I'm leaving later.'

"We are so proud of you," Brianna squealed after they all got off me.

"So, you passed the audition. What happens now?" Isabelle asked.

'I really shouldn't sadden the mood,' I thought again.

"I start training to become a singer!" They all cheered once again.

The conversation continued for a little while longer and then the bell rang. Rohan, Yasmine, and Brianna left for their PC classes, while a pulled over Emily, Tamara, Charlize, and Isabelle.

'Now is the best time to tell them. At least I think so,' I thought.

"So, you know I passed the audition but that means I have to leave to go to Korea," I saw their smiles disappear and their eyes become teary.

"You're leaving?" Tamara muttered and I hugged her as her tears were already falling.

"For how long?" Emily asked.

"I'm permanently moving there," their frowns sank even more, "I may be able to visit over holidays."

Tears ran down all four of their faces. It hurt seeing them like this. "Stop crying! Save this for Friday!" I protested, "let's go to class."

They hugged me once more before heading in different directions.

'Friday is going to be hard,' I thought to myself.

~After PC~

I walked to class after PC to see all of my friends with red faces. Just to make it worse the teacher came.

"What's wrong with them?" He asked me.

"They're sad about something I told them, Mr. Raffeale," I explained.

"Do you want to tell me?" Mr. Raff asked.

"Can I tell you later, when there aren't so many other people from class around? I want to tell them tomorrow," I clarified.

"Alright then," He spoke, marching to the front of the class, "two lines please!"

~~After class~~

Mr. Raffeale held me and my friends back after class. Some of my classmates were curious and tried eavesdropping, but another teacher told them off.

"So Maya, what's happening?" He asked.

I stood in front of my friends who were in a tight bunch. They all looked miserable. I turned around to look at them but immediately regretted it. They still had teary eyes and red faces. I took a deep breath and told Mr. Raff, "I'm moving to Korea for training at a company to become a singer."

"That's awesome!" He cheered, "but this definitely explains why they're crying," he spoke while peering over my shoulder looking at the huddled girl.

"When are you leaving?" He asked.

"Friday. I am going to come to school for the last bit of period 2 and spend a little bit of lunch with my friends," I explained, "I'm planning on telling the class tomorrow."

"Well, luckily you have a double Humanities with me Friday morning," he smiled, "now go and have lunch."

My friends and I split ways to our lockers. I walked alone and was the first to arrive at our usual spot. Yasmine and Brianna arrived just after me followed by Rohan and the girls a little after.

'I should tell them,' I thought.

"Guys!" I loudly spoke getting their attention. To my luck, Phoenix and Cody had come over to the group.

"What's happeni-!" Cody almost screamed, "bro... I think we missed something. They look so serious," whispering the last part to Phoenix.

"So... I'm moving to Korea to become a singer!" I spoke quickly.

"You're what!!" Yasmine and Brianna shouted together. Tears formed in their eyes as well after realising what that meant.

The others who already knew came over to comfort them. Rohan stayed quiet. Their once before smile disappeared instantly. They stared at me for a while before looking back down at his feet. All of them started crying, except Rohan. Rohan didn't particularly show emotions, not once have I seen them cry in our 2 and a half years of friendship.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" A small voice asked.

I turned around to see Rohan, with his head still down. I agreed and we walked off.

"I have something to tell you," they seemed hesitant, "I like you," he mumbled quietly, only for me to hear slightly.

~~~~