#16

{cursive= Korean}

"We will escort you to JYP's office and we will go in first, as you wait outside. It will only take a few minutes as we are only discussing things about the audition," Mr Kim .

"You will dicuss the contract with him and talk about about how traniee life and debuting will work," Mr Yoon continuted, more so directing his conversation to my mum, "he may want to see what potential you have. So, JYP might either play back the recording of the audition or you may have to present to him."

As they finished the explaining, the elevator door opened to the 6th floor. My mum and I followed the men holding hands and looking around in amazement. After many twists and turns, Mr Kim and Mr Yoon stopped in front of a large wooden door. Mr Kim knocked and entered quietly.

"Stay here for a little bit," Mr Yoon spoke and enteredthe room with the faint sounds of him saying: hello.

~~~

It had been at least 10 minutes when the 2 judges exited the room.

"You my go in now," Mr Kim said.

We both entered the room nervously and said a small hello. However, my mum being the confident person she is didn't look nervous or frightened one bit. JYP stood up from his seat on the couch when we entered the door. He smiled widely and returned the hello.

"Nice to finally meet you both," he spoke in his funny accent when speking English.

My mum and he shook hands and smiled at each other. On the other hand though, I was practically hiding behind my mum.

"You must be Maya, nice to meet you," he said, "why don't you sirlt down, and we'll start dicussing the contract."

We all sat down, my mum and I opposite to him. We went through the basics of the contract and he explained what would happen if I signed it.

~~~

About 20 minutes later, JYP handed my mum the contract to go through it one more and turned to me.

"May I asked you some questions? They're not for the application, I just want to get to know you better," he asked with a warm smile.

"Of course!" I answered.

"How long have you been dancing? Your skills seem very high,"

"I started doing a physie when I was 3. Which is like a gymnastics cross contemporary style. I decided not to do it anymore after I entered primary school, so I was 6. But from then on I did self taught dancing," I answered, "When I was in grade 4, I joined the school's dance troupe and was in it till I graduated. So, 9 years old to 12 years old, 3 years.

"I didn't join the dance group in high school, because I wasn't and still am not very confident in myself. But did take a dance class as my elective. Still haven't got my grade back though," I finished.

"That's a very long time. I impressed," JYP spoke slightly clapping, "What about singing or other activities, like instruments?"

"I started singing at a very young age, before I entered primary school. But when I did enter, I joined the school choir. So, 7 years in choir but overall, about 10 years," I calculated, " Instrumental wise, I learnt how to play the violin in grade 3 so 7 years and the flute in grade 4, 6 years. Over the years I learnt to gutair for 5 years, piano for 3, I also did extract ukulele apart from the curriculum where we learnt the recorder and ukulele for a few years at school. I also learnt how to play the drums from my friend last year," I finished nearly out of breath.

"I'm speechless. That's amazing," He cheered, "Do you know how to rap and produce?"

"Yes, I have mean practicing rap for 3 years and I started writing lyrics and making melodies since the beginning of high school," I explained.

"Wow. It's like your a mini Chan," his comment made me smile widely, "I'm guessing you like Stray kids?"

"Yes, I do. I really look up to them, they're also my favourite group. No offence to the others though," that made him chuckle.

"I'm glad to hear that. I should get 3RACHA to meet you sometime, seeming you're into producing," he offered, "If it's okay I would like to take your daughter to the studio to record some vocals," JYP turned towards my mum.

"That's fine. If it's okay with, may I stay here to finish reading the contract," she asked, "By the way, my name is Mel."

"That's fine. Maya, let's go!" I spoke standing up, heading to the door.

I quickly grabbed my phone off the table, kissed my mum on the cheek and said goodbye to her. Then, quickly following JYP.

"Do you think your mum will agree to the contract?" He asked.

"She seemed pretty happy with it while you were explaining it, so yes," I replied, "but I can't tell for sure."

"That's good to hear, you'll be a great person to have in the company."

The rest of the walk down the corridor was silent. Only hearing out footsteps and the small greetings of the employees to their boss.

"We're here."

My nervous state suddenly cane back again. I felt sick.

'This is my chance, calm down Maya!' I shouted in my head.

~~~