#5

3rd POV

A month has passed, it's now March and it's near the end of the first school term for Maya. Maya's more comfortable with the new grade now than she was last year but still had some problems with some friends. Year 9 is stressful enough and on top of that, having selfish and rude 'friends'.

She has been practicing hard on a dance for her audition and has finally got enough courage to send in the application.

"Mum, dad?" She said while stepping into the living room to get their attention.

"What's wrong?" Her dad, Stephen, asks.

"I want you to watch this video and tell me what you think."

I handed them my phone and they watched my audition video.

Outfit:

After the video finished Maya's parents gazed up at her in amazement

"That was amazing!" Her dad shouted and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Would you like to use this video for your audition?" Her mum asked and she nodded.

"We're so proud of you!" Her dad shouted and pulled her into another bone-crushing hug.

Time skip (next morning)
Maya's POV

I was so excited from yesterday that I couldn't stop smiling. I wanted to tell my friends. So, I call my best friend from primary school.

~On phone~

"Hello" I heard from the other line.

"Sarah!"

"Maya! We haven't talked in forever," she complained.

"Can we meet? I have something to tell you," I asked

"Sure. You want to meet at the basketball court?"

"Sure, see you soon"

"Bye!"

"Bye!"

The phone call ended, and I quickly put on my shoes. I then started walking to the basketball court. I haven't seen Sarah since the Christmas holidays. That was ages ago. When I arrived, I could see Sarah waving. I then ran to her and pulled her into a suffocating hug.

"I missed you!" We managed to say at the same time.

"So, what was it you wanted to tell me?" She asked as we sat down on the concrete

"Well, you know how I was wanting to audition?" She hummed, "I'm applying for an audition!"

"Wait really!" She shouted. I nodded. She then pulled me into another suffocating hug.

"When I go home after this, I'm filling out the application with mum."

We sat there for a few hours catching up and talking about random stuff. It started to get late, so we decided to go home.

Once I got home, I immediately run to my mum so we could fill in the application.

Name: Sarah Cover
Birthday: 25th of November 2005
•Best friends with Maya
•The two are crack heads when together.
•They have been friends since primary school

~~~