#22

All three of us went through the very slow process of customs. There were really shady-looking people standing next to in line. I got scared and shuffled in between mum and Jihyun.

Aside from that, we made it through and now had a lot of waiting to do. About 20 minutes to be exact. The customs took nearly half an hour, it felt like longer. I took a quick nap while waiting to board the plane. It definitely helped get my mind off thongs that will happen soon. 

~~20 minutes later~~

My mum shook my gently trying to wake me up. I slowly lifted my head, rubbing my eyes, which were slowly adjusting to the light. 

"Hey, time to wake up. The plane s here," She muttered quietly, loud enough so I could hear.

I suddenly felt a rush of excitement go through me. But that slowly faded (but definitely never disappeared), as the long line to get on the plane stated. As per usual, first-class entered first then business.  The people seated at the back of the plane then went in and the passengers in the middle went in. The people seated in the seats at the very front of the economy class went in.

I was seated between mum and Jihyun. I got comfortable and waited a few more minutes for the plane to take off. As the engines started and doors shut tightly closed, all the passengers were prepared for a long flight ahead of them.

~3rd POV~

The plane had left the ground about 10 minutes ago and Maya was already asleep. Her head rested on her mum's shoulder, while she, her mum, read through a magazine and slowly drifted off too. Jihyun, on the other hand, was doing some work before retiring to sleep as well. reporting back to JYP about Maya, filling in some files about the contract that had just been signed.

After a while, all three of them had fallen asleep.

~After plan flight~

We went through customs once again and grabbed our luggage. I walked hunched over, holding my suitcase. I was still very tired.

"How about you sleep in the car on the way home?" My mum suggested. I nodded, agreeing.

We made it outside the busy building. Jihyun had gone to another taxi to her hotel, and my mum and I hopped in one to go home. I looked out the window as the taxi drove away. It felt surreal. I was accepted into a company. I couldn't believe it.

My eyes became heavy once again as the moonlight hit my face from outside. I rested my head on the door and my mind went blank.

~~The next morning~Wednesday~~

I woke up in my bedroom the next day somehow. I dragged my feet down the hallway, rubbing my eyes. The kitchen was already loud and filled with movement.

"Good morning Maya," mum spoke cheerfully.

"Morning," I replied with a deeper voice than usual, "oh also, how did I end up in my bedroom?"

"Dad carried you from the taxi," my mum explained.

"You killed my back," Dad complained.

"Mayaaaaaa!!!!!" Someone screamed from the hallway

Then, Kenzie and Jason were in front of me, panting.

"Did you pass?" Jason asked with a face full of excitement.

"Mum wouldn't tell us till you woke up," Kenzie rolled her eyes.

"I did!" I replied.

"Really!?!" They screamed in unison.

But the mood changed instantly, as they realised something

"That means you have to leave, right?" Jason murmured with teary eyes.

He can be annoying at times and say he hates me. But he's a big softy.

"Yeah," I hugged him.

"When are you leaving?" Kenzie asked, more serious now.

"Friday, around midday," I replied.

"Ok! Time to get ready for school people!" Mum shooed us to our bedrooms.

I got ready for school, full of excitement. A rare occasion. I had breakfast and brushed my teeth and hair.

After about 10 more minutes everyone was ready to leave.

My brother was the first to get dropped off. So, now it was mum, Kenzie and me in the car. About 5-10 minutes from school I got a notification. It was a message from my friend. I usually get at least three people texting me every morning. Because I'm one of the last people in my friend group to arrive at school, they text me to see where I am.

☆Charlize☆

☆Charlize☆
Where are you?

I'm about 10 minutes away

☆Charlize☆
Okay. Text me when you're here.

Ok

-

I locked my phone and continued to talk to mum and Kenzie.

~~

About 5 minutes later I arrived at school and got two messages.

Roohan♡

Roohan♡
Are you here yet?

I'm heading to my locker now

Roohan♡
I'll meet you in there with everyone else

Ok

-

I then opened the other message.

~Emily~

~Emily~
Where are you?
~Emily~
Nevermind. Rohan told us.

~Emily~

We're at your locker now.

I sprinted to my locker as best I could with a heavy bag on my back.

"Maya!!" I heard someone scream.

I was then engulfed in a hug by many people. Let the questioning commence.

~~~~