#2

(August 2019)

(Maya POV)

After building up more courage in myself over a few months, I wanted to ask my mum, Melanie, about auditioning. I knew there would be a low chance of her agreeing but I just wanted to ask her. While my mum came in to say goodnight to me, I got her attention.

"Mum?" She hummed in response, "Uhh... I want to know if it would be okay if I could do an audition?"

"I'm going to have to read about what the audition is first and discuss it with your dad. I don't want to discourage you or bring your hopes down. I just want to know your safe if you do the audition, okay?" She explained.

I knew that would happen, but I was happy it wasn't just a straight no. "Okay. Thank you, mum."

"All good. Good night possum. See you tomorrow," she sweetly said and left the room.

I lied there motionless. Staring at the ceiling blankly collecting my thoughts.

"I'm one step closer," I mumbled quietly.

Time skip

It's been a few months since I asked my mum about the audition. I've been trying to persuade her and ask her to read like the policies that must be agreed upon to do the audition. And, also trying to figure out a dance to do.

Next week is my birthday and my family keeps asking me what I want. I honestly do not know. They give suggestions and ideas, but I never actually knew what I would like.

My sister is completely against the idea of me applying to the company. She hurt my feelings sometimes, saying I was not good enough. Aside from that, my parents continued to support me through it.

Time skip
3rd POV

Today is Maya's birthday. Once everyone was awake, they all gathered in the living room to give Maya presents.

"We know that you didn't have any ideas of what you wanted but we couldn't give you nothing. So, this is for you," my mum explained.

She handed me a box and a wrapped present. I decided to open the box first. Inside was pieces of paper. There was writing on the paper which said, 'mum and dad have agreed together to allow you to do an audition as long as it's appropriate'. I could not believe it. I look up at my parents, mouth dropped slightly. They are allowing me to audition to JYP!?

~~~

I'm sorry there are a lot of time skips in this one, I'm just trying to continue into the actual idol trainee part.

Hope you enjoyed!