27

Fatima

Oscar parked his in the parking lot of Marino's, this was my dad's favorite place to eat at with Melina, this is where they met in college.

Melina was a server here and my dad was actually on a date with his fiancée at the time,
it was a cute story that I had to hear thousands of times as I was growing.
He would tell that story all the time, My dad always had a soft spot for Melina, in his eyes she could never do any wrong.
Well that was until they divorced, after their divorce it took a minute for my dad to actually go back to normal.
I know deep down, he hates seeing the love of his life with someone else, it hurts to see your heart soul live a life that you wanted them to live with you.

"I don't want to be here" I groaned frustratingly as Oscar opened my door, I got out and slumped against him.
"All we gotta do is eat" Oscar said trying to make me feel better, I rolled my eyes, making him smack his lips.
Oscar grabbed my face and kissed me.
My body began to buzz until he pulled away, "just eat and get it over with" He said moving a braid from my face.

I huffed as I got my purse out of the car and slung it over my body, he got Rafael out from the back seat, we walked in the restaurant hand in hand.

"Welcome to Marino's, do you have a reservation?" the hostess said with a bright , almost creepy smile.

"No, we're joining a table" I said with a polite smile as I looked around, she nodded.
We walked to the main seating area, I spotted my dad talking to Luka Marino, he was the Owner of the restaurant and my godfather .
My dad and Luka have been friends since they were in middle school, Luka was always around during my up bringing.

We walked over to the table and Luka's eyes widened at the sight of me.
"is that my little mariposa?" he cheered in his thick Italian accent. I let go of Oscar's hand to give Luka a hug, "Long time no see" I squeezed him tightly, he pulled away and took a look at me.
"You've grown so much" he said proudly, "And you haven't aged a decade Luka" I said jokingly. Oscar went to sit Rafael over to his high hair next to Catherine.
"Who's that?" Luka said eye balling Oscar, "that's the Oscar, my boyfriend" I smiled as I watched Rafael and Oscar interact with each other.
"What happened to the other boy- Travis" Luka furrowed his eyebrows.
I grabbed his hand, pulling him away from the table to give him the run down.

His hand flew over his mouth in disgust as I told him  the emotional abuse that Travis had put through me  that week.
Flashbacks played over in my mind again, Luka caressed my arm before pulling me into a hug. I fought back tears at the thought of it, "if I ever see him, I'll kill him" he said cupping my face in his hands.
My hands went on top of his, "I love you like one of my own" he said sternly, as he kissed my forehead, pulling me back into a hug. "I love you too" I said hugging him tightly.

We walked back to the table, Oscar got up from his seat and pulled my chair out, I blushed at his action as I sat.
Catherine giggled at me from across the table, I rolled my eyes at her as Oscar sat down, putting his arm on the back of my chair.

Luka took everyone's drink order and walked away, the table was silent and awkward,
I glanced at Melina, who was staring at me.
Oscar followed my gaze and turned my head the other way making me laugh. "Don't pop off" he whispered in my ear.
"no promises" I huffed under my breath as I  picked at my napkin, he kissed my forehead.

"So, do any of you go to university?" Melina's husband asked looking around the table.
No one said anything, he awkwardly sunk back into his seat, "Fatima? I thought you always said you wanted to go to college?" Melina spoke out with a confused look on her face, I looked to her and rolled my eyes.

Sitting up in my seat, "life plans change when your deadbeat mother walks out on you" I glared into her eyes, Melina's face flashed a look of disappointment for a second.

"She's not a deadbeat" Her husband said in defense and I rolled my eyes.
"Not yet, but she'll leave you too, only this time she'll give y'all the good memories" I said squeezing Oscar's hand.
"this how you want to start dinner" my dad seethed in a whisper, I shrugged, I wasn't gonna spare her feelings for my dad. As much as I loved my dad, I would do anything for him, but I couldn't just let her be happy.
Call me what you want, but she deserves this and worse, so so so much worse.

My dad looked at me angrily, what did he expect from me? He knows how I feel about her, he knows I don't wanna be here and here we are. Now this bitch got her feelings hurt and he's gonna take her side.

The table was quite after that.
The only noise came from the other people that were seated around us and the children's tablets, I sipped my lemonade as Oscar just stared at me.

"What?" I said as I covered my face from him, he took my hand off my face and kissed it.
My stomach fluttered with butterflies "what? I can't look at you" he smirked, making my face heat up.

He kept staring at me, licking his lips at me "you two have been dating for twenty minutes" Catherine said faking gagging.
I rolled my eyes, extending my middle finger to her, it felt like Oscar and I have known eachother for years, it's crazy how close I felt with him.
"I'll still whoop yo ass if you hurt her" Pablo said protectively, making me smile "she good wit me" Oscar said pulling me closer to him.
At this point I was almost on his lap, I could tell that he liked touching because now he was all on me.

_________

The bill couldn't have came faster, I practically ran out of the restaurant.
"see you could make it through the night" Oscar said to me as we walked back to the car with Rafael.
I scoffed "I could've went off" I said taking Rafael from him, to put him in his car seat; "but you didn't" he retorted as he watched me buckle my brother in.

"Whatever" I waved him off tiredly as I gave Rafael my phone, I closed the door and turned to Oscar.
Which he didn't hesitate to pull me into him and close the space between our lips.
I wrapped my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss that was about to turn into a make-out session.
Well that was until we were interrupted,
"Fatima" Melina coughed awkwardly , making Oscar pull away from me.

"What?" I asked in annoyance, making Oscar nudge me, "I wanted to get you and the boys together for a barbecue at your grandparents house" She said eying Oscar.

I paused for a moment.

"I'll only go if Oscar goes with me" I said, wanting to see how'd she react.
"Nah-" Oscar said but I stopped him, "If he goes I go" I pressed, she pursed her lips, finally letting out a sigh.

"Sure, he can come" she said through a small fake smile, I smiled sweetly, "I'll text your dad with the details" she stood in front of us awkwardly as I waved her goodbye.

After a few seconds, she walked away.
Oscar turned to me, shaking his head, "she wanted a hug" he said as he went to open my door.

"Yeah I know" I smirked, getting in the car, he chuckled, as he shut my door, leaning into the window.
"You so cold mama" he licked his lips, I pushed his head out of the window and rolled it up.