26

Fatima

Oscar parked his car, "white people call this shit brunch" he said, I busted out laughing, he looked at me confused, "what I'm serious, that's what they call it" he said with a serious look on his face.
I calmed down, "I know that's why I'm laughing babe" I giggled, I leaned over to him and gave him a kiss, which made him smile. He hopped out the car, jogging to my side to open the door for me, I got out of his car and fixed my shirt.

We walked hand in hand into the restaurant, we chose to sit outside since it wasn't that hot, we followed the hostess outside to our table, "a server will come to serve you shortly" the hostess gave us our menu and two glasses of water, her eyes lingered on Oscar longer than they should've.
She walked away, leaving Oscar and I to our time together, "what are you getting?" He asked, opening the menu, I scanned my menu, "I want a mimosa" I said looking up at him, he nodded looking back down.

After a while the waiter came to our table to take our orders, Oscar made me get the bottomless mimosas package because he said I deserved it, which I wasn't complaining about.
I ordered a waffles and bacon while Oscar ordered a breakfast burger, "so, you say you want me, what do you mean by that?" I rested my head on my hands, he took a sip of his water.
"You gonna interrogate me now?" He smirked, I nodded with a sweet and innocent smile.

"When I said what is said, I meant that I wanna be wit you, I want be yo second everything girl" he said smoothly, my cheeks turned red.
My hands flew up to my face as I tried to hide my blush, he reached over the table and moved my ahands.

"Now you wanna act shy and shit" he laughed, I laughed with him, "nah for real tho, I'm serious about you" he leaned over the table to kiss me, I leaned up to him to kiss him back.
"I hope this lasts" I sighed as I sat back in my seat, "anymore questions?" He said jokingly, I smirked and shook my head. "Well I do have a couple more" I said awkwardly, He chuckled as he watched me get nervous around him.
"What attracted you to me?" I placed my head back on my hands and smiled at him playfully.
He chuckled as he leaned back in his seat, he licked his lips "ion really know" he Smirked "I just liked you" he shrugged and I nodded observantly.
"Is that the wrong answer or something" he said jokingly, and I shrugged with a smirk.

"If its the truth then it's right" I said playfully, he chuckled and shook his head, "it was yo attitude" he said sitting up straight, "really?" I asked resting my head back on my hands.
Oscar smiled at me and rolled his eyes playfully "yeah" he nodded matter of factly.
_____________________

After our date this morning, Oscar stayed at my house, We sat in the living room with Catherine and Pablo who were trying to devour each other at this point.
I shivered at the smacking noises they made with their mouths, Oscar looked at me as I grimaced.
He smacked his lips, pulling the pillow that laid on my stomach.
"Yo chill out" Oscar said chucking the pillow at them, hitting them right in the face , making them pull apart.
I busted out laughing as Catherine's glasses went flying off her face, Pablo retaliated by taking two pillows from the couch and throwing them back at us.

Missing his targets completely.
"Fuck you" Catherine said as she picked her glasses off the ground, my laughter died down.

The front door opened, my dad walked in without closing the door, Melina, two small children and a older man walked in behind him.
My smile left my face, I could see Catherine's head turn to me, I met her eyes, and shook my head, "hey guys" my dad with a awkward smile.
Oscar squeezed my thigh reassuringly, I avoided eye contact with Melina, "why is she here?" I seethed.

I couldn't stop the attitude in my voice from coming out so bluntly. How else was I supposed to react to seeing my deadbeat mother again? My dad squinted his eyes at me warning me to drop the attitude.
"We're going out for dinner...all of us" he smiled causing my to roll my eyes.
Oscar looked to me to se my reaction, "I'll pass" Pablo said smacking his lips.

"It's not a choice, we're going" my dad said sternly, before I could complain Rafael's cries could be heard from the baby monitor on the fire place.

I got up from my seat,
"I'll get him" Melina offered, her eyes held a hopeful look, I shook my head "Don't" I said, the smile on her face faltered, she realized that I wasn't gonna let her touch her son.
"Fa-" my dad said, "I'm not letting a stranger touch my brother" I said walking passed Melina and her kids, I jogged upstairs, I could still hear my dad apologizing for my behavior.

He shouldn't be apologizing, no one should be apologizing except Melina, I deserve the apology, so does Pablo and Rafael.
I entered Rafael's room, he hung his arms over his crib railing, he smiled at me when  I turned on his light.
"Hey baby boy" I said in my baby voice as I picked him up, he stretched his arms out and hugged me by my neck, I laid him on his changing table, I blew a raspberry on his tummy as he screamed happily.

After changing his diaper, I brought him downstairs, Melina and her family were gone, Oscar was the only one in the living room, putting his shoes on, "where are you going? Where'd everyone go" I asked bouncing Rafael on my hip.

"I told your pops we'd meet him at the restaurant" Oscar winked, I smiled and nodded, He took Rafael off my hip and motioned me to go upstairs.
I obeyed as I followed him to my room, he sat on my bed with Rafael, waiting for me to change clothes.

I put on my shorts from earlier and a kept my shirt on, I slid my feet in my sandals, "ready" I said removing my hair tie from my braids.

We left the house, locking the door behind us, I pulled Rafael's car seat out of my car and put it in Oscar's car.
I strapped him in and closed the door, Oscar stood there with my door open for me. I planted a kiss on his lips, before I got the chance to pull away he pulled me in closer.
I licked his lip before he let go of me, which caught him by surprise, I giggled playfully and sat down in the car.

He shook his head, closing my door.

He ran over to his side and hopped in the car, his hand instantly intertwined with mine; he planted a kiss on my hand before pulling out the drive way.