22

Fatima

On the way back home, I couldn't stop thinking about Rio, and Catherine could tell I had something in my mind.
"Are you gonna tell me why that stranger bought you the wallet?" She asked as we stopped at a red light, I turned to her. My cheeks turned red and my face was starting to hurt from smiling too much.
"I don't really know why he did but you can't say anything to anyone" I said rubbing my face, "not even to Pablo" I added crossing my arms.

"What? Why? I tell you and Pablo everything"
she frowned driving off,
I scoffed "you can't tell him, if you tell him then he'll tell Oscar" I said in a duhish tone.

"Then Oscar will think I'm some hoe or something" I sighed.
"I mean you can't help it if men fall at your feet for being so gorgeous"
She laughed making me giggle, "seriously tho, you cannot tell him" I said as we pulled up in the drive way.
I saw my an unfamiliar car in the drive way.
"Who's car is that?" Catherine took the keys out of the ignition.
"I have no idea"
We got out of the car, grabbing our bags and headed inside.
"We're home!" I called from the foyer, I heard talking in the kitchen, "can you take this to my room?" I asked Catherine and she nodded grabbing my bags and disappeared up the stairs.
As I walked closer to the kitchen, I recognized a familiar voice, I stepped in the room making my dad look to me, causing melina to turn around and look to me, "what the fuck are you doing here" I snapped, "Fatima-" my dad sighed.

"No why is she here? Haven't you caused enough damage in our lives?" My face turned into disgust, just looking at her made me sick.
"Fatima I-" she took a step closer to me, I stuck my hand up to stop here from getting closer to me.

"Don't say my name, you don't deserve to say my name" I scoffed, looking to my dad, he had sadness in his eyes.
They in both stayed silent...looking at me "what is going on??why is she here dad?" I crossed my arms, melina opened her mouth to speak.
"I said 'DAD' I didn't ask you, deadbeat bitch" I cussed.

"Enough Fatima!" My dad raised his voice, I rolled my eyes "listen to what she has to say" my dad said angrily. As I opened my mouth to sass my dad, melina interrupted me,
"I'm dying Fatima"
The room fell silent, tears pricked my eyes.
"w...what?" I was speechless, "I have stage 4 melanoma, the doctors say I have three months left to live" she sniffled
. 'She leaves us for years then tries to come back to tell us she's dying? After all this time?'
A stray tear fell down my cheek,
I quickly wiped it away.

"If that's why you came back...to tell us you're dying then you can leave now" I said trying to act cold. In reality, it felt like my heart was being torn in half all over again.
"Fatima nicole!" My dad shouted at me, he was pissed at my disrespectfulness but I didn't give a fuck.
"You left... you left us WILLINGLY...and now you come back to tell us a sob story?" I raised my voice, "you have a whole new family" I said in disbelief.
Her eyes glossed over, "I used to sit up at night thinking about why I wasn't good enough for my own mother, you always manage to hurt me some kind of way" I cried angrily.
Tears were now free falling as I ugly cried, my dad's face held a sad expression.

"I'm sorry Fatima, I really am, I thought about you and your brothers everyday" she cried I shook my head, something took over my body, like I was possessed... and I...I hugged her.
I ran into her arms.. this bitch abandoned me and I was hugging her. "You're not sorry" I said pulling away.
I ran up stairs and into my room, Catherine sat on my bed looking at me, "baby" she said sadly.

"She's dying" I cried, "I heard" she came close to me and wrapped me in her arms, sobs racked my body as she rubbed my back, "I know she wasn't the mother you wanted or deserved, but she's dying Fatima" Catherine said rocking us back and forth.

"She's fucking dying" I cried hugging her tighter, "FUCKKKK" I sobbed into her chest, I soon fell asleep in bed wrapped in Catherine's embrace.

__________

"She's had a long day guys just leave her alone for right now" I heard Catherine's voice, I opened my eyes but didn't get up or move.
"I just want to lay with her" Oscar's addictive voice flowed into my ears, I turned to the door,
"let him in please"
Catherine looked back at me and nodded opening the door wider for Oscar to walk in.
She left the room and closed the door behind her, Oscar took of his shirt and into bed and wrapped his arms around me.

I turned to face him, his scent was intoxicating, I buried my face in the crook of his neck, he pulled me closer to him. "I'm sorry Fatima" he said kissing the top of my head, "I don't want to think about it right now" I sighed and he stayed silent, his big hands rubbed my back.

 "I'm sorry Fatima" he said kissing the top of my head, "I don't want to think about it right now" I sighed and he stayed silent, his big hands rubbed my back

I went to the protest in Houston and honestly it was a life experience, the community coming together for equality was truly beautiful.
I wish we didn't have it protest to get equal treatment and I hate the fact that people are against the ending of racism???like huh!! I hope y'all are doing good
vote❤️❤️❤️❤️🤍🤍🤍🤍