18

Fatima
(Fuh-ti-mah)

Catherine and I went to ikea while Pablo and Oscar went to do business, I told Catherine all about the kiss, she was ecstatic that I was finally getting over Travis, but deep down I knew that I wasn't FULLY ever going to be over Travis just yet, cause come on, he is all I've ever known my whole life and to just give that up basically scared me.

Yeah I really really like Oscar, but it's risky, really risky, I'm so afraid of getting hurt again, and in the midst of everything Juanita pregnant with Oscar's kid.
I like Oscar and all but I refuse to be a stepmom, was I jumping into this thing with Oscar a little to fast?? Yes I was, it's not like he's a rebound or anything.
I honestly don't think I  have the energy for another relationship in me, like I just got fucked over, but Oscar and Travis are completely different, Travis was my first EVERYTHING.
Maybe Oscar can be my second every thing, I really do see a future with Oscar, but I also saw one with Travis, it makes my head hurt even thinking about it, Travis.....he really scarred me for life.
Fuck him though.
And his baby momma.

__________________

"Who the fuck names these things?" Catherine said pushing Rafa in the cart, she sipped on her slushee we had gotten beforehand, I gave her a chuckle as we walked around IKEA, I was writing the things down on my phone so I could get what I wanted.
My dad had given me a budget, nothing over, but I could always sweet talk him into letting me spend a grand over my limit, I'm a daddy's girl.
I sipped on my cup as I looked for a bed frame, "oooo Tima what about this one?"
Catherine called out making me turn around, I wasn't looking and crashed into someone, my drink drenching us both, "omg I'm So sorry" I said bending down to get the now busted sonic cup.
I looked up at the person I crashed into, my eyes widening at the sight before me.

"Mom?"

__________________

"Fatima" she said running after me as I stormed off with Catherine and Rafael, "FUCK YOU!! Leave me the fuck alone" I shouted back at her.
she stopped in her tracks, "ti- I cut her off  "I hate you! With every fiber of my being, I fucking hate you" I screamed, people began to stop and stare but I couldn't give a single fuck, "please let me explain" she begged as I scoffed,
"explain why you abandoned your family?? I don't need an explanation" I said.
"I'm ready to be a mother now, please just let me explain"she cried out to me and I shook my head,
I looked back at Rafael, "you see that?" I said pointing towards my brother, "you see what we raised without you?, you're absolutely nothing to me anymore" I said my eyes glazed over and
I began to walk away.

"Melina there you are" a man said, he walked passed me with two kids on his arms, "mommy look dada" one kid said reaching out for her.
Melina looked at me with sympathy in her eyes, she had a whole other family, were we not good enough for her??  My eyes began to water, the feeling of Catherine's hand On my shoulder made me burst into tears.
"Fuck you, for your sake you better hope you never see me again" Catherine said before
Leading me out of the store,
Rafael was oblivious to the whole thing, lucky him, "who was that babe" the man asked, "a old friend" she replied.

When we got to my car Catherine hugged me as I broke down completely, "why didn't she want me?? Why am I not good enough for anyone huh?" I sobbed as she rubbed my back, "SHES a bitch and a piece of shit" Catherine said angrily "she isn't good enough for you T, you're the best person ever and never think any less of yourself".

She hated seeing me upset and she knows how much of a sensitive topic my mom is and seeing her 4 years later was like a fucking punch in the gut to me.

"She has a whole other family cat!" I continued to sob on her shoulder "she couldn't even address me ass her daughter", I never thought I'd ever see her again and that's what pissed me off.
I never wanted to see her again, I never wanted to be reminded of the pain she caused.
so fuck her and her new family.

_________________

Me and Catherine went back to Oscar's place since that was where I was staying until my room was done, Pablo and Oscar were on the couch and the other guys that were with them were either in the kitchen or sitting on the floor.
when he looked up from the tv,
Pablo noticed the discomfort on my face, "yo what happened?" He said getting up and I shook my head feeling really hurt, "we ran into your mom at the store today" Catherine said, Pablo's eyes went wide, "tima- I stopped him, "I'm fine Pablo, I just want to sleep right now" I took my shoes next to the couch, me and Catherine walked into Oscar's bedroom.

I sighed as I unhooked my bra from underneath my shirt, I threw it onto my bag and plopped in my bed, "today was shit" I said as Catherine laid next to me, "your mom is shit" she caressed my face, she was always there for me, and I loved her for it, I giggled and pulled her in for cuddles. "Next time I see her I'm beating that bitch up" she said jokingly but I knew she was serious,Catherine's threats were never empty, meaning she never didn't follow through when she said something like that.
I closed my eyes as she played with my hair, it relaxed me immensely.

Vote & comment
1010 words💋