1

Fatima

"Pablo it's your turn to watch Rafael" I said into the phone, I was aggravated to say the least. I had to be at work in ten minutes, my dad was at his office
So he couldn't watch him.

"I can't watch him, I'm on a run" he said and groaned.
"I'm gonna be late Pablo!" I shouted as Rafael played on my mom's old ipad, "well there is nothing I can do" he said and hung up.
I threw my phone on the bed and tugged at my hair
he always does this, on his days he finds a excuse to avoid watching Rafael.
I went to Rafael's room and grabbed a pair of shoes for him, I walked back to my room.

"You wanna go to work with sissy?" I said in my baby voice as I removed the iPad from his lap, he smiled at me "sissy sissy" he giggled as tickled his feet as I slid his shoes on.
I grabbed a bag for Rafael and put extra diapers and some toys in the bag for him.
I put my shoes on and picked up Rafael and his baby bag and walked down stairs. I went to the kitchen and grabbed some fruit snacks and a little juice pouch for him and stuffed it in the bag.
I grabbed my car keys off the hook in the foyer and left the house, I locked the front door and went to the car.

I put my bag on the hood of the car and went to put Rafael in his car seat.
I put my stuff in the car and got in and buckled my seat belt, I pulled out of the drive way and drove down the street.

I got to work with two minutes to spare,
I got Rafael out of the car and sped into Sephora, I walked to the back of the store.

"Hey guys" I said  to my friends, Catherine and Venessa, They frowned at me.

"Pablo won't watch him again?" Venessa scoffed as she scooped Rafael from my arms.
"Yeah, he was on a run" I huffed annoyingly, "why don't you just take Rafael to him and force him to watch Rafael" Catherine said and took Rafael's bag out of my hands.

"There is no way I'm leaving my kid brother in the hands of gang bangers" I said putting my hand on my hip.
"That wouldn't be a smart thing to do stupid" Venessa said matter of factly "I wouldn't trust them around my own cup at a party" I scoffed
"so why would I trust them with my baby brother's life?" I asked sarcastic tone.

"My shift is over in thirty, so I'll switch off with Catherine and watch Rafael while y'all work" venessa said and I hugged her.
"Thank you" I said and pulled back, "thank you both, y'all are the greatest friends I could ask for" I praised them and they smiled.
"We got you girl" Catherine said, putting her hand on my shoulders and shaking me a little.

"What she said" venessa said and handed Rafael to Catherine.
"I gotta go clock in, see you on my lunch break" I said giving Rafael a big kiss on the forehead before leaving the room with venessa.

The first four hours of work were slowly dragging on, helping a few customers find their right foundation shade.
I then spent the rest of the time before my break restocking some concealers, I only had 3 and a half  more hours of work left, which couldn't come sooner.
_________

"Attention shoppers, Sephora will be closing in 10 minutes! Please head to check out"

Catherine said from the intercoms, I fist bumped the air as I mopped the floor. I put the mop up and headed to the front to help Catherine ring people up, ladies and some men, rushed to the register.

"Have a good day ma'am" I smiled putting her items  in her black and white striped bag, she smiled at me politely and walked out of the store.