Chapter 27: Water for The Group

Luke: "Clem! Y/N! Clem, hey! Any luck with that observation deck? I was just checking on Rebecca and Kenny, and they said they hadn't heard from you in a while. I don't guess there would be much, but Jane seems pretty resourceful. God knows we could use a break." You, and Clem approach Luke but stop once your in front of him.

Y/N: "We met a stranger," if anyone needs to know, it's luke. He can protect us.

Clementine:"He had a bunch of medicine and stuff. Jane wanted to take it."

Luke: "Yeah? Well, did you?"

Y/N: "I'm worried. He might be dangerous."

Luke: "Well, I'm glad you're okay. Is Jane still up there now?"

Clementine: "Yeah. She's trying to get the gift shop opened."

Luke: "You know, I can't figure her out. I mean, she really lays it on the line, but...at the same time, she doesn't show you anything that counts. And I'm never quite sure if she just doesn't like people, or just plain-out doesn't like me." You three turn back to the deck.

Y/N: "I'm not sure we can trust her. She doesn't trust us. Not like we could trust each other. It seemed like she would've left Sarah."

Luke: "Yeah, but we didn't. And we won't. So long as we don't have anybody marchin' us in the wrong direction."

Luke: "Jane seems like the kind of person who gets tempered by hardship. You know? But when I look at Kenny now, he just...he seems broken, and broken people get reckless. I know you got a history with him. Look, I think he's a good guy. At least, started as a good guy. But I just think he's had to take more than he can handle." Why does everyone have to be like this, he's wrong. Everyone's wrong about kenny.

Clementine: You're wrong. Kenny's stronger than anyone. He tries to protect us.

Luke: "I don't know, Clem... Can you come over here for a sec." Clem and Luke walk far enough to wear you can't hear them.

Clementine POV

L

uke: "I used to think that...that maybe all the horror hadn't gotten to you yet...but you watched your friend murder Carver. Not just kill him, but... Clem, you didn't even blink."

Clementine: "Carver deserved what happened to him."

Luke: "He was a bad man, no question about that. I'm just hoping we don't become the same."

Clementine: "I need to tell the others about the deck."

Luke: "Yeah. Good. I will, uh...I'll see you back there."

Clementine: "C'mon Y/N, let's go."

Y/N POV

Y/N: "What were you and Luke talking about?"

Clementine: "Nothing.." you can tell she's lying but you need to leave it at that.

Luke goes upstairs while Clem and you return to Parker's Run. Kenny sits on the water fountain while Rebecca leans against a foundation pillar.

Rebecca: "I'm not supposed to be in labor yet, Kenny. What if something's wrong?"

Kenny: "Nothing's wrong. Babies know how to be born."