Chapter 17: The Herd

This one is short but the next one will be better!

Clementines PoV

Clem climbs up the ladder, noticing the herd outside the walls. They take up the entire forest it seems.

Clementine: "We're in trouble." You reach the roof at a good pace.

Tavia is speaking on a radio, and several more on a table nearby her. Clementine maneuvers across the shelves.

Hank: (over radio) 'It's crazy about Reggie, huh?"

Tavia: (over radio) "Yeah."

Hank: (over radio) "You think Bill..."

Tavia: (over radio) Go on.

Hank: (over radio) "No, I was just...I was wondering if you thought Bill maybe..."

Tavia: (over radio) "Spit it out, Hank."

Hank: (over radio) "I don't think Bill was gonna let him back in."

Tavia: (over radio) 'Huh. You don't?"

Hank: (over radio) "No. Do you?"

Tavia: (over radio) "I don't know."

You jump down onto a stack of pallets.

I'm just going to timeskip to getting the radio. because theres nothing here exciting.

You sneak across the ground level to the table where around 12 Radios sit. You grab the third on the left and grab the second one on the right. You climb back up the pallets and manuver around the shelves. And climb back through the skylight and to the ladder.

You climb down the ladder. Mike leans against the wall his arms crossed waiting for you. Next to him is Y/N who is patiently eying Jane.

Your POV

"Pssh." You hear from the ladder, you and Mike quickly turn towards your right to see Clementine with two radios. Mike goes under the ladder. "Jump down, he's got you." Clementine looks towards you before jumping off the ladder. She lands in Mike's hands as he puts her down.

Mike: "We best get in bed. Troy'll be back any minute."

Mike goes to his cot. Clem and you pproach the bunks where you stay.

Kenny: "Well?"

Clementine shows the radio.

Kenny: "You little devil."

Y/N: "You guys seem worried."

Kenny: "You kiddin'? I just about kneeled over."

Clementine and you lie in the bottom bunk, beneath Sarah.

Kenny: "Everybody stay where you are. No need drawin' suspicion."

Sarah: "That was so cool."

Kenny: "Thank you, Clem."

Jane "I told you you probably wouldn't die. Nice job."

Clementine says nothing.

Jane: "Anyway, get some rest."

Kenny: "I thought about Duck today, about his dumb little face...first things that come to mind are always the dumb things he was doin'... Kid was always runnin' in circles. Every damn place we went he'd just run. Couldn't stop him...makes it harder to remember he was a good boy. Well, long day tomorrow. One long day." Kenny rolls over leaving you and Clem to sleep. "Good night Y/N." Clementine says rolled on her other side. "Yup." The exhaustion hits you immediately and you fall asleep.

At the Table, the entire cabin group stand there.

Kenny "Alright, we're all here."

Rebecca: "someone's gotta get the radio out to Luke. What's the problem?"

Kenny: "We should probably figure out who's doin' what before we--"

Tavia opens the door, and Kenny takes the radio.

Tavia: "Time to get up. Daylight's burnin'. They let you sleep in, all things considered."

Sarah: "Where's my dad?"

Tavia: "He's where the rest of you are goin'. To work."

Tavia: "Rebecca, Sarah, Jane..."

Tavia "..if you gotta take a piss, do it now. The next break won't be for a while. Troy'll be comin' up for the rest of you."

Kenny: "Why just them?"

Tavia: "Like I said...Troy's comin' for the rest of you."

Tavia, Rebecca, Sarah, Jane, and Nick leave. Hank closes the door.

Kenny: "Alright, look. If we're gonna do somethin', we have to do it NOW, and if Luke's all we got, then we pair up with him."

Mike: "I can do it. Where's the meetin'?"

Kenny: "Mike."

Mike "Yeah?"

Kenny: "Clementine and Y/N should do it."

Mike: "Are you fuckin' kidding? No offense, but--c'mon, that's crazy, they're a kid, why would--"

Kenny: "There's a million reasons. They know Luke, they can hide, she got the damn radio for us in the first place..."

Mike: "Who cares?!"

Kenny: "And I'm sorry, Mike, but I don't know you from fuckin' Adam, alright? And if I'm trustin' someone to do somethin' this important, I'm trusting them."

Mike: "You don't trust me to get a radio to someone?"

Y/N: "Kenny's right, we can do it."

Mike: "Don't do somethin' stupid just to get some respect."

Kenny: "they doesn't need your respect."

Mike: "Give me the radio."