Chapter 25: Kenny And Me

You enter the tent. Kenny is sitting on the floor with his back turned to you. Sarita lies on the floor in front of him, pale and blood-spattered.

Y/N: "I wanted to check on you. Make sure you're okay."

Kenny: "She didn't want me to wait. But I had to. In case by some crazy chance, she didn't come back. That beautiful face... So I waited. I thought maybe she'd be different." He ignores you.

Y/N: "Sarita was a good person. I liked her." You step towards him.

Kenny: "You know what it feels like to get beaten? Peaceful. It feels peaceful. It was like I was floating away, watching the whole thing happen to me. And then I woke up again, and nothin's changed. I'm still takin' a beating, every day. Duck. Katjaa. Sarita. No peace. No rest. The punches just keep coming."

Y/N: "I know it's hard. For everyone. But things will get better."

Kenny: "Why the hell couldn't Carver have just finished me off? Obviously I ain't helping anyone by being here."

Y/N: "I'm just worried about you. I don't want you to stay in here all alone. I need you."

Kenny: "Hmph. I've seen you and Clem take care of yourself more than any three adults put together. But, uh...thanks for sayin' that."

Luke: "Oh, shit! Does that mean what I think it does?"

Luke: "What are we supposed to do?!"

Y/N: "We should see what's going on." You turn towards Kenny and stand up.

You and Kenny leave the tent. Rebecca holds onto her stomach and is supported by Bonnie.

Mike: "Are you okay? How does it feel?"

Rebecca: "It feels wet, that's how it feels!"

Clementine: "What's going on?'

Bonnie: "Rebecca's water broke!"

Jane: "Oh, Christ."

Rebecca: "We should... I don't know what we should do."

Luke: "Aw, fuck!"

Clementine: "Is that supposed to happen?"

Y/N: "Yeah I think, What do we do?!"

Bonnie: "Kenny. Thank god. I think the baby's coming. What do we do?"

Kenny: "Alright. Alright... Gimme a second." Kenny puts his hand up to his chin, deep in thought.

Luke: "No way can Rebecca travel like this."

Jane: "He's right. She's gonna make a lot of noise. They'll be able to smell her, too. Now you've got no choice but to lock down and ride it out."

Rebecca: "It hurts more than before. Is something wrong? Oh, god."

Clementine: "This place doesn't seem safe for a baby being born."

Mike: "That map shows a couple of buildings nearby. Maybe one of them could do the trick?"

Bonnie looks at the sign saying "PARKER'S RUN MEMORIAL MUSEUM -- 1.2 MILES".

Bonnie: "That museum seems like it could be a good start. I'll go."

Luke: "Good idea. Mike, think you could go with her?"

Mike: "Sure thing."

Jane: "I'll check the building by the river."

Luke: "Okay, then. Kenny, you, uh...you stick with Rebecca. And I will check the perimeter for walkers."

Luke: "Sarah? Sarah." He looks around for Sarah and finds her crouched beside a wall. "You just stay here with Rebecca and Kenny, okay?"

Bonnie: "Clem... Y/N."

Clem and you walk up to Bonnie.

Bonnie: "I know it must've been hard, but thank you for talking to Kenny. I'd love for you to give me and Mike a hand looking at the museum, but I was thinking... How do we know Jane ain't just gonna take off? Maybe you should go with her. Make sure she comes back."

Luke: "What do you mean by that?"

Bonnie: "Y'know, she doesn't seem to like being around people much. And she volunteered to head off awful fast. I guess it could be nothing."

Y/N: "I don't know if Jane will come back. I think she's scared about the baby."

Clementine: "Yeah, she was pretty scared."

Bonnie: "That's what I was afraid of. S'why it might be a good idea to have you go with her."

Clementine says nothing.

Bonnie: "Just something to think about."

Luke turns to the rest of the group.

Luke: "Okay, we're looking for warm blankets, clean water, disinfectant..."

Rebecca: "That all sound right?"

Kenny: "Don't worry, everything's gonna be fine."

Y/N: "Maybe me and clem should go with Jane."

Luke: "Better hurry and catch up, then."

Authors Note: Sorry for this short chapter, I figured this was a good part to leave this off. Don't worry when school does start I will update this every two days if you were curious. See ya!