Chapter 20: Amid The Ruins

Thank you all for the support.

Sarita: "I'm bit! Oh, god...! Clementine... It bit me... I'm dead. I'm dead..." Clementine looks over at Sarita who has her hand raised to her face, a huge bite mark covers her right hand. Sarita completely ignores you.

You look over at clementine to say something but you both have nothing to say.

Kenny: "Oh, god, Sarita!"

Kenny and Mike run over to Clem, you and Sarita. by chopping through the walkers.

Mike: "Oh, shit! She's--"

Kenny: "She's gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay. Come on! We have to move. We have to!"

Mike, Kenny, Clem, Sarita, You run through the herd. you still hold Clem's right hand with your left. The hatchet Luke gave you is in your right as you chop any walkers that get to close. The rest of the group runs quickly with Sarita. You trip, because your holding Clem's hand she falls too. But when you look up a volley of walkers are passing you by slowly.

Clementine, and you back up. She bumps into a walker that ignores her but a brown shirted bald walker sees you both and starts heading your way at a fast pace. You chop one of the hands that reach out. And dodge it.

Through the herd you see Luke and nick running.  "I'm goin' after Sarah!" Nick yells to nick.

Clementine: "Luke!"

Luke and Nick run off,  nick gets shot in the shoulder but continues running.

Y/N: "Kenny?!"

Clementine grabs you hard. helping you dodge a walker, while you prepare to kill another one, but it gets shot in the face and falls on you. Clementine helps you push its corpse away and rubs some of its guts on you both, continuing through the herd unnoticed.

Walking through the herd with Clem at your side, when almost everything feels fine something grabs you and Clem from behind. You both struggle for your life but the grip won't leave.

Rebecca: "Stop."

Rebecca releases Clem and you, you three crouch behind a table and some rocks.

Rebecca: "Thank god."

Clementine: "we can't find anybody."

Rebecca: "I know. What do we do? Luke was with me, but... I--I can't do this alone..."

Y/N: "We're still covered in walker guts.." Rebecca nods before talking.

Rebecca: "Look. The walkers are still moving toward the hardware store. We can make it out if we stick together--"(groans in pain) "I'm glad you're both here. We can watch each other's backs."

Y/N: "we'll stick with you." Clementine nods

Rebecca: "Thank you..." A walker trips beside you three, scaring you all.

Rebecca: "We need a clear path to the trees... Maybe they're thinning out somewhere. Do you see any openings."

Clementine: "There!"

Rebecca, You and Clementine start to walk through, but get surrounded by walkers.

Rebecca: "Damn it! Go back, go back."

You and Clem turn around and bumps into Jane.

Y/N: "Jane!"

Rebecca: "Jane! Thank god--"

Jane: "Stop. Relax. You need to walk...SLOWLY. You'll be fine."

Rebecca: "I can't do this. You have to help us...please."

Jane: "We can't clump together like this...it's better if we spread out. You two will be fine..."

Rebecca: "No, you don't understand. Just help us."

Jane: "You guys are fine. Just go."

Clementine: "we'll stay close and watch out for Rebecca."

Jane: "Your choice."

Clementine says nothing.

Jane continues moving through the herd, but returns to the others when she notices Rebecca's distress.

Jane: "Damn it. We'll have to push through that cluster of walkers."

Rebecca: "There's too many..."

Jane: "We'll make a cow-catcher. Just...we need..."

Y/N "A what?"

Jane: "You'll see."

Jane: "There." (points to a small female walker) "That one looks light enough to carry. I'm gonna get on the far side of her. I need you to get her attention." Jane looks at you

Jane and you approach the walker from opposite sides

Y/N: "Hey. Over here."

The walker turns toward you.

Jane grabs the walker's arm and removes its jaw with her knife.

Jane: "Not gonna bite anybody now, are ya? Follow me. Stay close. If you fall behind, I can't come back for you."

Jane leads the other two, holding the walker in front of her. The three of you stay behind her.

The four of you walk through the herd. When you reach the end, Jane throws down the walker and stabs it in the head.

Jane: "Let's go."

Short one but this is a good part to leave this off